which headphone brings out the most emotion in your music
Apr 10, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #16 of 37
Frankly, the answer is whichever sounds most appealing to your ears. For you to be immersed into music emotionally you need to have music sound natural, and thats up to your ears, your setup, humidity in Africa...eh, we can go on with that but try some phones and listen which you like better.

Apr 10, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K701 with a tube amp. I've heard the Grado SR225 and RS-1 and frankly never understood what was so emotional about them. To me they sounded unnatural and impossible to get immersed into the music.

Ah; then try the MS2i. If you have any heart at all; they'll find it!

You may absolutely despise the Grado sound, but a few moments with the right music at the right moment with MS2i and they'll get ya! If even for the moment!

Apr 10, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #18 of 37
I remember one night just sitting on the floor in the middle of the night alternating weeping with feelings of amazing ecstasy with Sons of Korah's third CD running through my K501. The Psalms are just incredible.

I had just come back from visiting my friend and offering a shoulder to cry on; she'd had the toughest few months, and was just letting it all out. So I guess that put me in a heightened emotional state. That and the fact that I love her so!

Apr 10, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah; then try the MS2i. If you have any heart at all; they'll find it!

You may absolutely despise the Grado sound, but a few moments with the right music at the right moment with MS2i and they'll get ya! If even for the moment!

you can not so easily convert someone with only one opinion!

for me I have to agree that electrostatics, I only have the Lambda Pros but when listening to classical symphonies I am literally on the edge of my seat at all the crescendos as well as the sudden peaks such as in Mahler's Symphonies really quite breathtaking, in a literal sense, as I am sometimes so caught up in it all I hold on to my breath and then only realise I've forgotten to take a breath when I am shortbreathed...

this is to my ears and my setup and my choice of music anyway...

Apr 10, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can not so easily convert someone with only one opinion!

No, no. Not convert. It's like a rock falling on your toe. It may hurt for a while; but only for a moment.

Ok; a bad example, but "if even for the moment"!!

Apr 10, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #21 of 37
Grado SR-225. Have heard all kinds of different headphones, yet only Grado have truly shocked me in positive way. Too bad that I sold them.

Apr 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only the ATH-AD2000 in my collection brings forth emotion! Yes!

2nded / ditto -- though HD595s before I upgraded to AD2000 were my choice previously. 595s are quite involving and I don't think get the credit they deserve with all the love for HD650 (which I personally hated).

Someday I'll give Grados another chance at this -- either with MS2i or RS2 -- but the only thing I could say for SR60s was that they were fatiguing. I suppose that discomfort caused an emotional response though...

Apr 11, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #24 of 37
KSC-35 w/PA2V2 made me get up and groove to Michael Jackson. Also such a nice rocking out combo. Too bad both of them are gone now..

K501 w/Darkvoice 336i brought tears to my eyes listening to Chopin's nocturnes.

I wonder if I should get a pair of Grados... Hm..

Apr 11, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can the dt880 show emotion with some music?

Why not? If someone likes the phones, and builds an entire system around them I am certain that they could be the end all, be all phone.

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can the dt880 show emotion with some music?

if there is emotion in the music/source/amp then the DT880s will show them, it just doesn't add any of its own
smily_headphones1.gif
a very close to the truth, straight down the line headphone

Apr 11, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #29 of 37
I think my KSC-75s are my favorite pair of cans...and they were only $15 at circuit city.

I really do think they sound better than my V6s...but I'm prolly just mistaking better with louder. They do sound fuller to me (stronger bass, clear mids, and slightly more mellow highs...forgot how good she sounds), and they just sit strapped comfortably on my ears even when exercising.

I can't wait to get an amp and really open this baby up. They might be so enjoyable for me that I'll need to skip the MS-1 altogether!! They sound like they should be worth at least $100...and they don't *ever* get uncomfortable on my ears.

I LOVE THESE CANS!! Wow, time to put the V6s away for awhile now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back