Which Headphone BRAND Do You Like Most?
Sep 13, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #33 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge
Maybe it's because SONY get butt kicked at every price range by other BRAND headphones...who know

Now, of those who didn't vote for Sony, what percentage haven't heard the R10 or Qualia in a good (quiet room, good electronics) environment? Heck, even the stock Sony CD3000 and CD1700 are very nice but largely lacking in exposure compared to the Beyers, AKGs, Senns and Grados.

Sep 13, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #35 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Been done.. http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195541

I was not aware of your poll and the other similar thread on this topic either.

However there are some differences betweeen your and my poll:

1. My poll is more comprehensive, i.e. covers more well known brands e.g. Etymonic Reserach, Shure, etc.
2. My poll is anonymous (some people don't feel comfortable while voting)
3. The results of our polls are different (note that my poll has less voters).

In your poll the winner is Grado which perhaps is incorrect (it's not your fault, ha, ha, ha, ...)
I've heard on many occasions that Senneheiser fans rule this forum!

Results of your poll:
1. Grado 22.9%
2. Sennhesier 19.7 %
3. AKG 14.9 %
4. Beyedynamics 9.25 %

Remark:
In both polls Beyerdynamics fans constitute slightly above 9%.

I think that our two polls complement each other -
your poll is first approximation and mine is a slight refinement. I like your poll!

Adam
blink.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #36 of 66
bose beating shure. Look at that. bose quality products from a quality manufacturer.

Sep 14, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #38 of 66
I voted for AKG. True professionals in their field of customer service and beautiful sound.

As for Grados, after reading that long thread about the whole Powermax incident...I may not buy a Grado after all.

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #39 of 66
I think Alessandro should have been lumped with Grado. They are made by Grado, and even say Grado Labs on them after all.

That aside I voted for AKG.

Sep 15, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #40 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
I think Alessandro should have been lumped with Grado. They are made by Grado, and even say Grado Labs on them after all.

That aside I voted for AKG.

headphonereviews.org keeps Alessandro and Grado separately.
They are made by Grado Labs, but the design is combined: Alessandro and Grado! ... and they are called Alessandro.
You can always add those two percentages to get 'full' picture.

At this point:
1. Senneheiser 21.25%
2. AKG Acoustics 17.40%
3. Grado 15.45%
4. Beyerdynamics 9.65%
Alessandro 2.42%

We have 2.42% + 15.45% = 17.87%
So Grado and Alessandro combined constitute 17.87%,
which is slightly higher than the percentage of AKG Acoustics.

We'll see what will happen when we have more votes.

Adam
blink.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #41 of 66
well, before voting I guess the top two should be sennhaiser and AKG, but the No.3 is really hard to guess. I usually recognize Grado to be top 5----and just No.5. IMO the tranditional big-5 is AKG Audio-Technica Beyerdynamic Koss and Sennhaiser, but Koss just quit the middle-range market and leave only ESP950, which makes it fall behind Grado. worse still, the grado agent here has quited the business, now I cannt get any grado in local market. It sucks!

BTW, I vote for AKG, for the extraodinary K1000
k1000smile.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #43 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermouse1984
well, before voting I guess the top two should be sennhaiser and AKG, but the No.3 is really hard to guess. I usually recognize Grado to be top 5----and just No.5. IMO the tranditional big-5 is AKG Audio-Technica Beyerdynamic Koss and Sennhaiser, but Koss just quit the middle-range market and leave only ESP950, which makes it fall behind Grado. worse still, the grado agent here has quited the business, now I cannt get any grado in local market. It sucks!

BTW, I vote for AKG, for the extraodinary K1000
k1000smile.gif

Thanks for this info!!! As of today:
1. Sennheiser
2. AKG Acoustics
3. Grado
4. Beyedynamics
5. Audio Technica

However Grado + Alessandro together are slightly ahead of AKG!

Aren't Sony's SA5000 popular on this site and perhaps world wide?

It's becoming interesting!

Adam
blink.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #44 of 66
I won't add another vote, but I do want to reaffirm my vote for Alessandro, having just received my new MS2i, and they sound great right out of the box!

uh,.....the pizza box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back