which headphone amp should i get for the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 80 ohmz
Jan 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #16 of 25
Unless you get the e17, purple angel's suggestion for the asus + e11 is the better choice, either dg or dgx. E11 amp is better than the e7/k while the asus is more versatile. I can't speak for the quality but you do get more usability if you plan on gaming with headphones. Fiios as dacs are piss poor for fps games. E11 + asus dg is cheaper than the e7k. Dgx is about 10 more. Even cheaper would be asus sound card & e6. ClieOS did a review on the e7 and said that it was on par with the e6, which is a 25ish amp. So, 50 for sound similar to the e7k. Just no bells or whistles when on the go.

ClieOS did a review on the e7 and said that it was on par with the e6,

Whoops, I mean e07K, not e7.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #17 of 25
hmm. is the magni or mordi anygood? only thing is they are not portable, but then i can get the e6. if not i might jus call it a day and get the fiio e17 most likely or the fiio e07k

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #19 of 25
Magni is an amp, Modi is a DAC. You would need both in your situation and it's not portable as you've noted. It's good for a home setup but then you would still need something to run on your zune.

For the Zune, your option should be e6. I would skip the e7/k. Not that it's bad but amping wise, it's about the same as the e6 but for 3x more. Unless the Zune can use a LOD of some sort and use the E7K as a DAC, it's not worth the extra money. I'm not familiar enough with the Zune on that aspect.

Here's how I would go in your situation depending on budget & with suggestions of thread.
> $200 = Magni & Modi for Home, E6 for portable
< $200 = E17 for Home and portable.
< $100 = Asus DG or DGX for Home, E6 for portable.

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #20 of 25
Magni is an amp, Modi is a DAC. You would need both in your situation and it's not portable as you've noted. It's good for a home setup but then you would still need something to run on your zune.

For the Zune, your option should be e6. I would skip the e7/k. Not that it's bad but amping wise, it's about the same as the e6 but for 3x more. Unless the Zune can use a LOD of some sort and use the E7K as a DAC, it's not worth the extra money. I'm not familiar enough with the Zune on that aspect.

Here's how I would go in your situation depending on budget & with suggestions of thread.
> $200 = Magni & Modi for Home, E6 for portable
< $200 = E17 for Home and portable.
< $100 = Asus DG or DGX for Home, E6 for portable.

Does the E17 need a LOD and what is a LOD for anyway

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #22 of 25
E17 doesn't require a LOD, it's a Line Out Dock. You get a cleaner (preamp, I think) output from ipod/iphones. Not sure if Zunes have the same thing. And yes, the E6 should be enough to power the 770s. They're rated up to 300ohms

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:
E17 doesn't require a LOD, it's a Line Out Dock. You get a cleaner (preamp, I think) output from ipod/iphones. Not sure if Zunes have the same thing. And yes, the E6 should be enough to power the 770s. They're rated up to 300ohms

only this is, what might be the deciding factor is that the E17 has a treble and bass control, aka EQ, where as the E6 don't have one. then i listen to the dt 770 pro, it seem the highs are a bit too bright so i like to adjust that and and make the mids louder. the bass are perfect thought, mayb lower it by a bit so it sounds more unify with the music and not too overpowering but good none the less. I can't do that with the E6 as portable but with the Asus sound card i know i can change the EQ with the program. So that's basically my roadblock. If the E6 had that, I probably get it right now lol. hmmmmm....

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #25 of 25
nope thats why im considering the E17 so i can have EQ cause the E6 dont have one...but i do like saving money on the Asus card and E6...lol only if the E6 had eq on it like the E17. if i cant decide, i might flip a coin by the end of the night. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back