which headphone amp should i get for the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 80 ohmz
Jan 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Ph3nom88

New Head-Fier
so i finally got my dt 770 pro 80 ohmz. hope they are good with clarity, tight loud bass, clean and good sounding high and mids. but the volume is low, which i already knew and i know i need an amp for it. i was just wondering which amp is good to get for it to change the bass, mids, and highs so it sound even more amazing and sound louder. I was looking at a few and i name them now.

Devices using with the dt 770 pro 80 ohmz are my pc and mp3 player (zune) my music files are mostly mp3 v0 and some mp3 320.

FiiO E7 (Is it powerful enough to do everything, if so i might get this over the E17 to save some money)

FiiO E17 

Also theres the E9 for the E7 and E9K for the E17. Do i realllllllly need that or im good with just the e7 or e17 to make my dt 770 pro 80 ohmz sound much better.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 25
help please? also theres the fiio E11 i was looking at too but is the e7 or e17 better?. so please feedback thanks! sorry for being a nub at this stuff. im new and learning.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 25
So I should get the fiio E07K? I'm going to use my Dt 770 pro 80 ohms with my computer and mp3 player (zune). Or should I get the fiio E11 or E17 or another different amp from a different company that will suit me better?

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 25
For the PC, get the Asus Xonar DG ($27, PCI) or DGX ($43, PCI-E) sound card.
The DG(X) should have a better DAC then the motherboard and comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier.

And the Fiio E11 ($60) for use with your Zune.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 25
For the PC, get the Asus Xonar DG ($27, PCI) or DGX ($43, PCI-E) sound card.
The DG(X) should have a better DAC then the motherboard and comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier.

And the Fiio E11 ($60) for use with your Zune.

Does the e11 let me adjust the eq and let me adjust the highs,and lows, mids to my liking so the music can sound better? Also can't I just use the e11 with my PC and it bypass the motherboard sound card and use the e11 as a sound card to make the headphones better?

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:
Does the e11 let me adjust the eq and let me adjust the highs,and lows, mids to my liking so the music can sound better? Also can't I just use the e11 with my PC and it bypass the motherboard sound card and use the e11 as a sound card to make the headphones better?

The Fiio E11 only comes with a bass boost feature (it also has a gain switch and a high/low voltage adjustment).
Chance are your motherboard's DAC feature is low quality, that why I recommended the Asus Xonar sound card.
As the E11 does not come with a DAC, you would be stuck using the motherboard's DAC.
With the Asus Xonar DG(X) you can use the sound card EQ features.

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:
The Fiio E11 only comes with a bass boost feature (it also has a gain switch and a high/low voltage adjustment).
Chance are your motherboard's DAC feature is low quality, that why I recommended the Asus Xonar sound card.
As the E11 does not come with a DAC, you would be stuck using the motherboard's DAC.
With the Asus Xonar DG(X) you can use the sound card EQ features.

i see what u mean. i have this motherboard if this help.

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

but if i needed a DAC, dont the E07k or E7 have it or the E17? then i have a amp/dac that can control mids and highs as well with the lows? Cause you said the E11 only control the bass and have a gain boost which is good but i like to adjust the EQ on my mp3 as well on my computer. and if i get the  E7, do i need the E9 for it since i cant get the E07K and use it with the E9? if i get the E17, do i need the E9K for it? or what other recommendations do you have because i want more than bass control on the go. It seems the E07k, E7, E17 let me have an EQ.

also do i need the FiiO L7 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For E7 USB DAC/AMP?? and i know it works for the E7, but does it work with the E07k or E17. 

Or something else you recommend?

I just dont want to get a sound card for my pc right now lol, and i see the E7, E07k, or E17 can work both as a portable amp and pc amp with the controls i need unless you have a better choice that dont involves a sound card. i know im asking for help from you and not taking your suggestions, but i want to make sure you know what i want and i can find the right solution. Thanks!

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

i see what u mean. i have this motherboard if this help.

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

but if i needed a DAC, dont the E07k or E7 have it or the E17? then i have a amp/dac that can control mids and highs as well with the lows? Cause you said the E11 only control the bass and have a gain boost which is good but i like to adjust the EQ on my mp3 as well on my computer. and if i get the  E7, do i need the E9 for it since i cant get the E07K and use it with the E9? if i get the E17, do i need the E9K for it? or what other recommendations do you have because i want more than bass control on the go. It seems the E07k, E7, E17 let me have an EQ.

also do i need the FiiO L7 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For E7 USB DAC/AMP?? and i know it works for the E7, but does it work with the E07k or E17. 

Or something else you recommend?

I just dont want to get a sound card for my pc right now lol, and i see the E7, E07k, or E17 can work both as a portable amp and pc amp with the controls i need unless you have a better choice that dont involves a sound card. i know im asking for help from you and not taking your suggestions, but i want to make sure you know what i want and i can find the right solution. Thanks!

I was recommend the sound card because of the the price, but if your willing to spend cash for the E07K or E17, go for it.
I'm not sure if the L7 works with the E07K.
I do not think you would need to get a Fiio E9/E09K.

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:
I was recommend the sound card because of the the price, but if your willing to spend cash for the E07K or E17, go for it.
I'm not sure if the L7 works with the E07K.
I do not think you would need to get a Fiio E9/E09K.

lol thanks for all your help. so which would be better for me then, the fiio E07k or the fiio E17?

since the fiio E07k cant be use with the L7, can i still charge it and use it at the same time?

do i need the L7 for the E17 or can i still charge it and use it at the same time?

Will both the E07k and E17 work with my computer and mp3 player (zune) on the go?

Ok good, i can save money since i dont need the fiio E9/E09k but what is it for anyway?

and after this i think i have my answer. thanks a lot for everything purple angel. also like ur avatar, great classic movie that was funny and weird but still funny lol.

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:
lol thanks for all your help. so which would be better for me then, the fiio E07k or the fiio E17?
since the fiio E07k cant be use with the L7, can i still charge it and use it at the same time?
do i need the L7 for the E17 or can i still charge it and use it at the same time?
Will both the E07k and E17 work with my computer and mp3 player (zune) on the go?
Ok good, i can save money since i dont need the fiio E9/E09k but what is it for anyway?
and after this i think i have my answer. thanks a lot for everything purple angel. also like ur avatar, great classic movie that was funny and weird but still funny lol.

I believe both the E07K and E17 can power headphones with recharging at the same time.
The E07K & E17 can work with any computer/laptop and just about any portable audio player

I did a costume lipsync at the Rocky Horror Picture Show about 300 times, as Rocky.

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:
Good. But which one u recommend of the two. E07K or E17?

As you do not seem to need the extra features of the E17, might as well go for the cheaper E07K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back