Which HD800 should I purchase?
Aug 10, 2017 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dysanix

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I am new to the HiFi audio world, and am in the market for a pair of HD800's. Could you guys advice me on how important resale value is and if these are good deals. Can anything break with long use of headphones? Etc..

Shipping and PayPal fees are calculated into the price.

oU_bOga8QiCpB6ny6BEqog.png

gTRBc51aSOK0BbaeyT1W1g.png

FhwIJeAtSROHwU7BN9A1yg.png

vtZvGer5R3W0ink-gMAOkw.png

Which one is the better deal? Is the lesser use and lesser scratches worth the $162 extra?
Or are they both not really great deals? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 7
The more used one is the better deal in my eyes because you can sell it for around the same price you paid instead of potentially losing hundreds if you sell the new one later. Another reason the near-new pair isn't a good value is because you can get a brand new pair for just a little more, and then, you even have the convenience of a return policy.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 7
The more used one is the better deal in my eyes because you can sell it for around the same price you paid instead of potentially losing hundreds if you sell the new one later. Another reason the near-new pair isn't a good value is because you can get a brand new pair for just a little more, and then, you even have the convenience of a return policy.
Would you think it's a good deal, or should I place my bets on something better?
And do you, by chance, happen to know if the scratches on the silver part are easy to fix up?

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 7
Would you think it's a good deal, or should I place my bets on something better?
And do you, by chance, happen to know if the scratches on the silver part are easy to fix up?
Nope once you scratch it there's no going back. I scratched mine by accident and it still bothers me to this day.

Aug 10, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 7
The used one is a better deal considering you can get a new one on Amazon for just $50 more.

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 7

$786 is a good price, but if you're patient, you can find even better deals by searching on these sites and keeping an eye out.

https://devbrada.com/classifieds/
https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=HD+800

I'd imagine you'd have to send it in to be refurbished or something. I was so paranoid about it when I had a new pair. Even touching the shiny part can leave a fingerprint.

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 7
I got a pair from a user here and they were mint only paid $680 so deals can be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back