which earphones to buy? really confused
Nov 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #16 of 24

I really have to disagree with you on that one.  I have a Sennheiser cx550 and it has been my favorite inear for the last year. i use to just put them in my pocket when they not are in my ears and the only thing thats wearing off is the paint. 
Quote:
That's because that's what happens to $50 sennheisers.  They break.  You need to get IE7 if you want a decent earphone from sennheiser, the rest are bad and break.

Check out A-Jays Two, Denon C700, Sony EX510, and Fischer Audio Marcus.  They all have what you want and won't break.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #17 of 24
     Quote:
I really have to disagree with you on that one.  I have a Sennheiser cx550 and it has been my favorite inear for the last year. i use to just put them in my pocket when they not are in my ears and the only thing thats wearing off is the paint. 
Quote:
That's because that's what happens to $50 sennheisers.  They break.  You need to get IE7 if you want a decent earphone from sennheiser, the rest are bad and break.

Check out A-Jays Two, Denon C700, Sony EX510, and Fischer Audio Marcus.  They all have what you want and won't break.

Fair enough,

I just bought one of those "sport" type style ones a few years ago for about $70 and it fell to pieces rather quick so I lost interest in "cheap" sennheiser products (too commercialized and profit geared?)  but I am sure they still make gems in the commercial desert, maybe yours is one of the good models

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #19 of 24
Also, what are the chances of the cable tearing?
I am really afraid that i might tear the cable if i make a sudden movement and the earphones are stuck somewhere.
If a cable does rip, would the warranty cover it?

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 24
I think its safe to say that the turbine is better rated on Headfi than the tours. As for cable tearing i read somewhere that monster has a warranty against that but i think it was a one time only kind of warranty. please someone correct me if i`m wrong on this.

Quote:
how does the monster turbine compare to dr dre tour in ear?

thanks

Quote:
Also, what are the chances of the cable tearing?
I am really afraid that i might tear the cable if i make a sudden movement and the earphones are stuck somewhere.
If a cable does rip, would the warranty cover it?

Nov 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #22 of 24
They get good reviews and i think there is an upcoming deal to be had, check this tread

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/518656/the-iem-portable-headphones-deal-alerts-thread-post-them-all-here/120#post_7082291

Edit: it was you that posted it, dident notice that
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Thanks.

So, would buying the monster turbine be a good choice?

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
Thanks
Just out of interest, how do they compare with Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphone?

thanks

I can't speak for the other earphones because i haven't heard them but for only $89 I can recommend the Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphone.  If you're looking for rich bass the Phonaks have enough quality & quantity but at the same time it provides clear & even sound across the frequency spectrum including highs & mids. They are extremely light weighing only 14 grams making them one of the lighest and most comfortable  earphones to wear on the market. Also the isolation is very good with the included silicone ear tips. I highly recommend them. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Here is a link:
http://store.audeoworld.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=audeoworld&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=781795680&Count2=698936104 

And here is a link to my setup that shows a pic of the Phonaks Perfect Bass:
http://img573.imageshack.us/i/phonakaudoperfectbassea.jpg/ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back