which earphones to buy? really confused
Nov 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

soldiersixteen

100+ Head-Fier
I am really confused. I dont know which earphone to buy
My budget is around 60pounds, $100.
I listen to hip hop, rap and rock alot.
I have tried looking at other threads, searched other forums, but i only got confused. I have looked at the IEM comparison threads on this forum, but i still struggle to make a decision.
I dont want the earphones to be too low on bass.

I was looking at
klipsch image s4
A* grade monster turbine, Dr dre in ear headphones(chinese piece but same audio and built quality)
Etymotic MC5
UE Superfi 5
Westone UM1, i might even consider Westone 1
Fischer audio silver bullet and eterna rev2. (i dont know how reliable the company is)

Any other suggestion, recommendations?

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 24

Quote:
I am really confused. I dont know which earphone to buy
My budget is around 60pounds, $100.
I listen to hip hop, rap and rock alot.
I have tried looking at other threads, searched other forums, but i only got confused. I have looked at the IEM comparison threads on this forum, but i still struggle to make a decision.

I was looking at
klipsch image s4
A* grade monster turbine, Dr dre in ear headphones(chinese piece but same audio and built quality)
Etymotic MC5
UE Superfi 5
Fischer audio silver bullet and eterna rev2. (i dont know how reliable the company is)

I would prob go for the Monster Turbines, but they cost 150 usually (I had the Turbine Coppers, and they were great). I have not really heard any of these other earphones, but from what I have heard from others, I believe either the UE or the Klipsch are your best bets. I do hope someone with more experience will chime in tho.

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 24

Quote:
Thanks for that. The monster turbine i found is not genuine, but according to the seller it has the same sound and build quality and also comes with warranty.

I think other will agree with me when I say, DO NOT trust that seller. He is probably lying to make a quick buck. If you really want a Monster Turbine, just spend the extra 50 bucks and get one. Also, have you heard of the new iBeats? They are made by monster, retail at 119 bucks, and apparently sound pretty good. I would still go for the Turbine, but they are a contender for less.

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5933

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 24
Also, have you considered the HiFiMAN RE-ZERO:

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=89

I have a pair that are brand new that I may be willing to sell. PM me if interested.

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 24

Quote:
hows the build quality of HiFiMAN RE-ZERO?

Thanks

Dunno. Read some reviews online. Mine are still new in box. BTW, I have the RE0, not the RE-ZERO. This is what I have:

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #8 of 24
Here are some good prices BTW:

Now through November 29th, Earphones solutions is having their Cyber Monday sitewide sale.  20% off with code CYBER2010

http://www.earphonesolutions.com

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #9 of 24
I think i am going to drop Head direct RE0. I read some reviews and it looks like the quality of the wire is very cheap. Unless of course those reviews are wrong or the chances of the wire breaking are very low, i am going to buy something else.

Other suggestions?

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #11 of 24

Quote:
I am really confused.

klipsch image s4
Etymotic MC5
UE Superfi 5

The last two, silver bullet and eterna, but you should definately check out Marcus as well.

Make sure you check out the $100 range from Sony and Denon, if you want bass, they deliver, and come with good build quality. 

You will most likely find the RE-Zero bass-shy, they are more tailored to a balanced "studio" type sound, more analytical than enjoyment for you, if you are willing to experiment and see if you like that type of sound, go for it, but in that case get the RE-Zero winter deal that's on now, you get the HiFiMAN-601 and RE-Zero for $260.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #12 of 24
Ya, but RE Zero only has 90 day replaceable warranty.

I think ill see if the price of monster turbines drops to around $60 again  on black friday.

I would like earphones with nice bass since i mostly listen to Eminem.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #14 of 24
Its not about the money. It's just that i dont want to spend over 100 dollars on an earphone.
I might even buy one for 150 if it is really that good.

I am worried about the warranty issue because, my senheisser cx 400ii broke and they didnt have any warranty. (they costed about $50)

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #15 of 24
That's because that's what happens to $50 sennheisers.  They break.  You need to get IE7 if you want a decent earphone from sennheiser, the rest are bad and break.

Check out A-Jays Two, Denon C700, Sony EX510, and Fischer Audio Marcus.  They all have what you want and won't break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back