Which Earphones or Headphones are you sorry you sold and wish you could own again?
Feb 5, 2011 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

leqin

100+ Head-Fier
For me its my Etymotic ER.4's - in a fit of stupidity I sold them on eBay, together with some other headphones and earphones, the proceeds from which went to buy a new 64gb iPod Touch plus a new PC screen and since then I've played around with all sorts of word of mouth recomended earphones here at Head-fi and non of them have even be able to hold a light to how much my old ER.4's made music shine... oh and no other things I've worn can even approach the don't even realise I am wearing them comfort the ER.4's manage.

Don't get me wrong - the iPod Touch is a treat to own and use and justify's itself just with the number of astronomy apps I have loaded up and the new screen is awesome, but it was the most stupid thing that I have ever done in all my earphone life and a sharp lesson that you shouldn't read to much into so many threads here - especially if you are already happy with what you have.

So - which Earphones or Headphones are you sorry you sold and wish you could own again?

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 13
My old Nuforce NE-7M. They were my first IEMs and they were great for their price (better than anything I had before that).

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 13
Me ol' ATH-CK7 =S

Also, the Goldring DR150

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 13
At this point, I'd say the W3. Not perfect but they were a lot of fun. Or maybe the UM3X. I do remember more songs excelling on the W3 than w/ any other earphone. I really hope I don't regret getting rid of the ER4P. I've really enjoyed them a ton with some classical string pieces.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
I really hope I don't regret getting rid of the ER4P. I've really enjoyed them a ton with some classical string pieces.

OMG its contagious - going by my own experience imackler, including the sense of loss and just not liking whatever I hear from other earphones... well I am saving my pennys and eyeing other stuff I own thinking 'you know if I sold that then I could bid on ebay for any decent set with the original red and blue plugs that happens along'... sigh - oh well
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #8 of 13
I own over 40 headphones precisely because I'm afraid I'll regret it after I've sold it.  I'm going to be putting few more on the market soon.  I have not regrets about the dozen or so I have sold.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #9 of 13
I own over 40 headphones precisely because I'm afraid I'll regret it after I've sold it.  I'm going to be putting few more on the market soon.  I have not regrets about the dozen or so I have sold.
+1

I usually only sell stuff that I have that I'm sure that I'm willing to let go, listening to them extensively and comparing to other items that you have helps a lot.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:

I've never sold anything for this very reason!

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #11 of 13
Probably the e-Q7, but not so much. Actually, since going into the 1964-Q I don't miss any of my top tier universals that I've gotten rid of too much. I miss the timbre of the FX700, but the mids were a tad bit too recessed for my liking (it's only fault to me). I don't miss the SM3 (but I'm glad I kept my SM2). So yes, probably the e-Q7.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #12 of 13
I wish I could own the RE0 and e-Q7 again. They do certain types of music better than any other IEM I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back