Which earphones are as comy as UM1's and in the same price range?
Nov 30, 2007 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BAMAJAS

New Head-Fier
I need a replacement for some UM1's. I love the comfort of the UM1's but I would like a little better sound. They are mainly for the gym so I would like the option of over the ear wires. When I had theUM1's in it was like I could hardly tell they were there. The UM2's are out of my price range and I would like to stay under $130.

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 9
The one review I've seen of the Klipsch Custom-2 says that they are incredibly comfortable. They are, however, out of your price range.

So maybe the Custom-1's? I haven't seen any reviews of them though, so you'd be taking a bit of a risk. They're $129 from the Klipsch website. But they only ship to USA.

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM1s are the most comfy earphones I have ever had. Even new Shure SE line isn't even nearly as comfy as Westones are. IMO you won't find more comfortable universal IEMs.

you need to retry the e500's with the black foams, those foams are terrific

Dec 1, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 9
I am sorry. There is nothing. The UM1s don't sound phenomenal, but they are absolutely the most comfortable things available.

The UM2s do sound phenomenal, though, so I'd say save up some cash and wait for them to pop up used. I know they're expensive, but they're worth it. Otherwise, buy another pair of UM1s. Nothing beats them. Nothing.

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

you need to retry the e500's with the black foams, those foams are terrific

I tried. Of course E500s are really comfy, but UM1s are just more comfy: mainly because of the cable and nozzle angle: while I was lying on my side sometimes E500's nozzle get blocked, UM1s don't have this problem (overall E500s blow them out of the water, though).

Dec 1, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 9
well, you could try some UE's, since Westone was originally their OEM and designed some of their phones' style. You could also get some Yuin's and move out of IEM's. You get better sound for less money, but no isolation.

Is there a reason other than curiosity that you don't want to get UM1's again? I know I'm biased, but I "sold it all" and just them for portable isolation now, solely because of the comfort. Others are somewhat close, but nothing really did it for me after them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back