Which earbuds would you recommend for Metal, Dubstep and Rap? Around $100
Oct 5, 2010 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mgdc37

New Head-Fier
Like the title sais, I'm looking for a good pair of earbuds for around $100. I've had cheap $20 skullcandy before and I was happy with them but I don't have them anymore. I was looking to see if there was a better upgrade however for that budget. I listen to some loud Metal like slipknot for example. I listen to dubstep like Mt. Eden. I also listen to old school rap which seems like an in between of the two to me. Point is, I listen to those genres and wanted to get good earbuds for those. I will be using it for my pc and will buy an ipod soon as well.

Long specific details, but thanks for help. Was looking at Klipsch s4i. Suggestions?

Oct 5, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Any more responses? Huh, where's the best place to buy those (chepest, yet legit site/place)? They're a little more than I want to spend but I'll go for them if they are worth it. I just need more input.

Oct 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Second the Panasonic HJE900. Works excellently for the genre's mentioned imo, but then again I think a U/V-shaped signature is the best for listening to a variety of genres. Currently 79.99 at jr.com

Main issue you might encounter with them sound-wise is harsh highs. Remedied with Comply foam tips or a simple foam mod. The former attenuates treble too much for my liking, but it'sjust right for other members. I would recommend you buy new tips for them regardless though to get the best out of them, as the stock tips are both smaller than you'd expect, and just not so good overall. This is a good tip pack: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset5-m11cl-mee.htm

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 8
I have a few days before I buy my ipod. I will be choosing one of these. So far, hje900 has two. I will consider any of the others though. 150 is pushing it but I'm seeing that those monster earbuds are expensive, yet there are deals out on ebay for example.

Any more? Thanks for all the responses! I'll decide based on this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back