Which Earbud?
Oct 31, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #16 of 30
I thought I would hate the J-cord, but I've actually come to like it. Makes it easy to pop a bud out and hang on your shoulder when you need to hear something.

Also keeps the cable from getting in your way. (I use mine at the office.)

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by karma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I would hate the J-cord, but I've actually come to like it. Makes it easy to pop a bud out and hang on your shoulder when you need to hear something.

Also keeps the cable from getting in your way. (I use mine at the office.)

I too like J-cords. I suspect that many people who hate them may not be wearing them properly....with the longer cord going to the right driver going BEHIND your neck. It helps keep the cord from your source to the splitting point out of the way, and also lets you take the right bud out and hang it on your shoulder like karma mentioned.

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jersey_emt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suspect that many people who hate them may not be wearing them properly....

I think that's very likely. I see a lot of people on the subway wearing their J-corded earphones with the long cord running through the front, under their chin. I can't imagine how uncomfortable and awkward that must feel.

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #21 of 30
you will not regret the pk3's
smily_headphones1.gif
they are sounding better every minute... a bit grainy out of the box but they're sounding smoother and fuller now.

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by karma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that's very likely. I see a lot of people on the subway wearing their J-corded earphones with the long cord running through the front, under their chin. I can't imagine how uncomfortable and awkward that must feel.

Um.

Wow.

No wonder I hated them.

basshead.gif

I feel a bit sheepish. How dare you embarrass me by pointing out something so obvious!! *shakes fist in dismay*

Oct 31, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you will not regret the pk3's
smily_headphones1.gif
they are sounding better every minute... a bit grainy out of the box but they're sounding smoother and fuller now.

sweet, cant wait to join the pk3 appreciation thread lol
280smile.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 30
I don't want to hijack this thread and it is a bit off-topic but does anyone know why they make headphones a j-cord instead of a y-cord. Is it any cheaper to make it a j-cord?

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #25 of 30
Ergonomic is the key. Placing the cable on the left side (and behind the neck) so it won't get tangle as easy as in the front. Also make more sense if you put it under your t-shirt. As for why it is on the left and not the right side, it is because most of us are right handed and tend to place our music player on our left side.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel a bit sheepish. How dare you embarrass me by pointing out something so obvious!! *shakes fist in dismay*

Sorry!
biggrin.gif

You're certainly not alone though. Out of every 10 people with J-cords that I see, I'd say maybe 1 or 2 actually wear them the way they're supposed to be worn.

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ergonomic is the key. Placing the cable on the left side (and behind the neck) so it won't get tangle as easy as in the front. Also make more sense if you put it under your t-shirt. As for why it is on the left and not the right side, it is because most of us are right handed and tend to place our music player on our left side.

makes absolute sense, i am right handed and always keep my ipod in my left pocket

Nov 3, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #28 of 30
just got my pk3's from fang at head-direct today, and i am absolutely blown away by them. I am by no means an audiophile, but i cant believe the sound from these things. My music on my ipod (192kbps vbr lame encoded) seems like im listening to the songs for the first time. The soundstage on these little buds is incredible, i really feel like i have a set of cans on. I recommend these to anyone that is looking for a set of buds. I know the pk1 and pk2's sound better, but i cant even fathom how lol.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, im a happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back