Which ear buds are better?
Apr 26, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Between the two, I would go with the EX85.

However, there are more options, most of which have been noted by the fine people previous.

I might also mention the Ultimate Ears Super Fi. 3 from Amazon. I believe they run around $65 (and you get the free shipping).

Many people here on Head-fi really like them. I will say, however, that I haven't heard them (as the Crossroads Mylarone X3's are supposedly very similar, but with a weaker build quality...the super fi.'s used to be more).

Nylan

NO CROSSROADS.....My crossroads broke down 3 times in just 6 months. I sick of the exchange.... It's already in my bin.

Apr 26, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #17 of 22
Get the Head-Direct RE2s, which are $80 for Head-Fiers until tomorrow. They are $119 canalphones, and better balanced and warmer than the er6i. I own a pair, and they are very good canalphones for the money. I had the er6i, but the filters cost $$$ to replace, and they are way too small (feel like they are in your head). They are not ear buds. The PK3s are also a great value, if you want an ear bud, at only $50.

Oh, and between the Skullcandy or the Sony phones, the Sonys are clearly the better phone. I have E082s (Euro version of the E85), which come standard with the Sony A816, and they are not bad for OEM.

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #18 of 22
Anything but Skullcandy and BOSE. So the Sony it will be..

Apr 26, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellopanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NO CROSSROADS.....My crossroads broke down 3 times in just 6 months. I sick of the exchange.... It's already in my bin.

Hey, I wasn't recommending the X3's. I was leaning toward the Ultimate Ears. I know that Crossroads have build quality issues (even though I've never experienced any problems...mostly because I baby the crap out of those 'phones).

If the OP lived in Singapore, it would be a different story.

Nylan

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #20 of 22
Hey,

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY SKULLCANDY!! They are horrible sounding. If you want a good cheap pair of earphones get Etymotic or Sennheiser. They are generally the cheapest, best quality ones. I'd reccomend Shure, but I think that could be out of your price range!

Apr 26, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #21 of 22
I think we've established no Skullcandy. Although the only real in-ears Ive tried are my Ep-630's I would recommend them. I have not heard any of the others mentioned, but I like my 630's for the price.

$21 plus tax on newegg.com. The quality is pretty good, and there is a strong bass. Mids suck and highs are just what the hell, but I dont expect a good deal from a $20 in-ear. For the price, they are a good deal in my books. Light, portable, and they isolate noise very well.

Apr 26, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #22 of 22
If you are willing to spend a decent amount of money, which it appears your are. Definitely steer away from skull candy. I wouldn't even recommend sony, I really dislike my set. I have Super.fi 3s now and would recommend them, I have also heard good things about the er-6Is too so just go with not skullcandy/sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back