Which DT990's do I have?
Nov 21, 2010 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Raguvian

1000+ Head-Fier
I ordered some DT990's off of Amazon about a week ago. I ordered the 250 ohm version, and when I got the headphones, the stickers said 32 ohm, but the specs printed on the box said 250 so I thought it was just mislabled. However, today, looking at the plug on the headphones, it says 32 ohm.

I'm confused as to what I have here. Is it a DT990 32 ohm? That's the only thing I can find on the headphone itself.

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 11
it appears you have the 32 ohm version.
i haven't heard a case of the plug engraving being wrong.
(the box labels are often wrong, and this comes up a lot on the forum...)

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 11
When you posted a picture of your Beyers on the Headphone Stand thread, I THOUGHT I saw the cups have that blue color circling the grills. Definitely 32ohm, as the 32ohm Beyers have the blue color ring.

How do they sound?

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 11
Yup, they have the blue rings around the grill. I don't know what the difference in sound is between the 3 different versions are, but I do like the way they sound.

Also, does anyone know why the 32 ohm version is so much more than the otter two versions on Amazon? It looks like the 32 ohm version is $265 but I only paid $180 for it.

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 11
Possibly because they are not as abundant as the other two versions.

I paid $289 for my DT880/32 when I got it. At that time, the 250/600 ohm versions were at around the $250 mark. That was back when I really didn't wanna deal with stronger amps. In the end I still felt they could've used one. @_@

To be honest, I prefer the 32ohm colors over the 250/600ohm. That blue is sexy!

Are you gonna return it? I think you can ask for the replacement (due to their error), ship it out to you and Amazon won't charge you for keeping the one you have if you return it within 30days. You can see how different it is.

I am assuming you got it off Amazon... I forget things. XD

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Possibly because they are not as abundant as the other two versions.

I paid $289 for my DT880/32 when I got it. At that time, the 250/600 ohm versions were at around the $250 mark. That was back when I really didn't wanna deal with stronger amps. In the end I still felt they could've used one. @_@

To be honest, I prefer the 32ohm colors over the 250/600ohm. That blue is sexy!

Are you gonna return it? I think you can ask for the replacement (due to their error), ship it out to you and Amazon won't charge you for keeping the one you have if you return it within 30days. You can see how different it is.

I am assuming you got it off Amazon... I forget things. XD

They still sound terrible out of my PAP so they definitely aren't easy to drive.

I think I'll keep them, because I love how they sound and I also like the blue. Plus, I don't want to deal with potentially not having headphones for a while (in case Amazon makes me return the 32 ohm version before sending out the 250).

Thanks for the help, though, guys. I was confused but I can't say I'm disappointed since I really like the headphones.

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 11
I'm glad to hear it. But seriously, if you set up a replacement (you can do this online while logged in) for the proper item, they would ship out the correct item immediately (and with one or two day shipping thrown in for free). They will just say that they won't charge you for 30 days while they wait for the first item to return. Had to do that when my first Turtle Beaxh Z2 broke within 5 minutes of putting them on...

They have fantastic automatic customer service. I wish other companies let you log on hit a return/replace button, and that's it. No questions asked.

They make these mistakes. Hell if you look at the description for the DT770/600 ohm, it says 32ohm and 600ohm within a few details apart. o_O

But yeah, the color combination, the fact that you love them as is should be enough. I'm just OCD when it comes to getting an item I didn't ask for.

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #9 of 11
So you're going to have to update your signature now? 
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
I'm glad to hear it. But seriously, if you set up a replacement (you can do this online while logged in) for the proper item, they would ship out the correct item immediately (and with one or two day shipping thrown in for free). They will just say that they won't charge you for 30 days while they wait for the first item to return. Had to do that when my first Turtle Beaxh Z2 broke within 5 minutes of putting them on...

They have fantastic automatic customer service. I wish other companies let you log on hit a return/replace button, and that's it. No questions asked.

They make these mistakes. Hell if you look at the description for the DT770/600 ohm, it says 32ohm and 600ohm within a few details apart. o_O

But yeah, the color combination, the fact that you love them as is should be enough. I'm just OCD when it comes to getting an item I didn't ask for.

Hmm, nice to hear that Amazon has such good customer service. I haven't had to use their return feature before.

I usually get peeved if I don't get what I paid for, but in this case it seems to be a more expensive item (on Amazon, at least), so I'll keep it. 
beyersmile.png

Plus, I really, really like the blue.

Quote:
So you're going to have to update your signature now? 
wink.gif

Fixed it!

Quote:
I would keep them. Unless you absolutely must have the 250 ohms, the price you got the 32 ohm ones is just amazing. 

Yeah, that's probably what I'm going to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back