Which do you think is the most addicting melody/riff
Feb 6, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #16 of 29
Addicting melody? 
How about the keyboard melody from a-ha's "Take On Me" ?
It stays in my head, um, pretty much all the time. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #17 of 29
I'd say this song is one of the best containers for addicting melodies that I know.

The first one starts at around 1:45, although it's a developing melody and continues until about 3:10.

The next one at 3:50.

And the last at 5:45.

(The genre is indie/post-rock.)

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #18 of 29
i win!!!!!! i can't believe no one put this
If you have never heard this then you are in for a real treat.
This is black magic at its best and if you have never done drugs before then i guarantee you will want to after hearing this.
Sit back lay your head back and close your eyes and afterwards you will want to send me roses.
I almost guantee this is what kurt cobain was listening to during his final minutes.
BTW skip to 1:53
******EDIT*********
i'm sorry to anyone i might have offended by putting this but i never stated what type  of music it was.
I personally can listen to this over and over.  This is not a joke and i honestly don't see how someone
would think that it was.  To anyone that took the time to listen to it, please let the full song finish
and i highly suggest skipping to 1:53
And also i suggest downloading the actual song or if someone had the actual cd and ripped it
lossless or flac then that would be awesome to have sent to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #20 of 29

Quote:
i win!!!!!! i can't believe no one put this
If you have never heard this then you are in for a real treat.
This is black magic at its best and if you have never done drugs before then i guarantee you will want to after hearing this.
Sit back lay your head back and close your eyes and afterwards you will want to send me roses.
I almost guantee this is what kurt cobain was listening to during his final minutes.
BTW skip to 1:53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

okay.  seriously.
that was the equivalent of being rick-rolled.
while i wasn't expecting rick astley to start playing, i certainly wasn't expecting ted nugent either!
pretty funny, dude.
but, on a serious note, stranglehold has a pretty nice riff, i'll admit.

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #21 of 29

Quote:
I pick The White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army." For me, the most memorable (and melodic) riff to come along in years... it's hard to beat Jack.

(Sorry... don't know how to link media.)

Here you go, because it is completely addictive (and I like the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j7huh5Egew

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #23 of 29
Hexagram by Deftones

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #29 of 29

Quote:
I've always been a fan of riff heavy music, so I decided to start this thread and see which is your favorite. By no means do we have to restrict this to any genre/instrument, so I included melody in the description to make it more general. So yea, I want to know which riff/melody in a song you think is the most addicting! Oh and please try and include a video and where in the video said melody/riff starts

I'll start it off..

I've always been a fan of melodic, riff heavy metal. Celtic folk metal best showcases what I truly like. This is a song by a band called Eluvietie. They are one of the best celtic folk metal bands out there. Wait until the chorus, and you'll see exactly what I mean. That flute melody is just too addicting! I play this song over and over and it has yet to get old. Again, for those of you who aren't so much into metal I ask that you bear with me until the chorus so you can hear the flute melody, its worth it.

Wow the flute is great in that song! I don't usually listen to that kind of music but that is really catchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back