Which do you like better, Auricaps or Mundorfs?
Aug 28, 2007 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

headphonejunkie

1000+ Head-Fier
I wanted some opinions on auricaps as compared to mundorfs for use in my soha.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 7
I know how mundorfs sound but now I am curious if auricaps are better. This audiophile crap is too much. I should just be happy with what I have but I am an audiophile now aren't I.

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 7
DCP_0922.JPG

This is a CMoy i built to test out some Mundorf M Cap Supreme Silver/Gold caps (1uf) with a OPA2107AP opamp and Elna cerfines. The resistors are PRP. This combination has to be listened to! The sound as compared to the Auricap is much more full bodied and detailed! Yea yea I know those caps cost $55 EACH...but hey you asked!!!

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by picklgreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DCP_0922.JPG

This is a CMoy i built to test out some Mundorf M Cap Supreme Silver/Gold caps (1uf) with a OPA2107AP opamp and Elna cerfines. The resistors are PRP. This combination has to be listened to! The sound as compared to the Auricap is much more full bodied and detailed! Yea yea I know those caps cost $55 EACH...but hey you asked!!!

That arrangement would be prone to the worst interference, distortion and inductance.

Leads of different lengths and unshielded.

How could you possibly make a proper observation of their performance in those conditions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back