Which DAP priced around $100 has best large library navigation?
May 10, 2021 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rockstarnot

New Head-Fier
I have a FiiO FX1221, and I am happy with the sound quality. But after 2+ years of use, I am still frustrated with the terrible UI for navigating my large library on this thing. I've put rockbox on various Sansa players over the years, and I don't feel like messing with that on this unit.

So, I'm looking to replace it, with something that has a nice native UI - buttons or touchscreen - that allows rapid navigation of the library. I don't feel like scrolling for minutes to get to the music I want to listen.

Form factor similar in size or smaller than the FX1221 is also desired.

Anyone else put library navigation on par with audio quality and if so, what are your fave DAPs?

May 11, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 2
I have a FiiO FX1221, and I am happy with the sound quality. But after 2+ years of use, I am still frustrated with the terrible UI for navigating my large library on this thing. I've put rockbox on various Sansa players over the years, and I don't feel like messing with that on this unit.

So, I'm looking to replace it, with something that has a nice native UI - buttons or touchscreen - that allows rapid navigation of the library. I don't feel like scrolling for minutes to get to the music I want to listen.

Form factor similar in size or smaller than the FX1221 is also desired.

Anyone else put library navigation on par with audio quality and if so, what are your fave DAPs?
I had what you had and went to the Fiio M6. Handles my large MP3 library just fine. No comparison on speed and organizing. I cannot comment on the wired sound as I use it exclusively as my "bluetooth" DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back