Which DAC for M-stage + Q701?
Mar 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GamerOne

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking about switching my Asus Xonar Essence ST for an external DAC. This mainly because I want to be able to connect my headphone-rig to other things than just my PC.

I preferably don't want to spend more than around $300. And of course I want it to be at least as good as the DAC on the Xonar Essence.

And just like the title says I have a Matrix M-stage and a pair of Q701's.

I've been looking a bit at HRT Music Streamer II and Musical Fidelity V-DAC 1 and 2. Any input on these?

Do feel free to recommend other DAC's as well!

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #3 of 7
That is the setup im going for, I will purchase the Q701's soon and also the m-stage is on its way. im looking at the DAC part of the equation now and am finding a few good reviews on the HRT II.
I own the beyer DT990/600 ohm  and the Ibasso D2 amp/dac, useless for the 990's but good for tons of other stuff. it will probably work well with the Q701 as a portable solution as they only have 62 ohms. 
I have a completely irrelevant question, Why doe it say under your name HEAD-FI-ER and mine says junior headfier? what does it take to consideration? the price of the equipment in my list? how long ive been on the forum? does someone change it or is it automatic? I am very curious about this as i see that many people have different statements there. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 7
+1 for Music Streamer II and M: Stage - mine are powering 600ohm DT990s

May 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 7
Bumping this thread again
tongue_smile.gif
 Still haven't bought any new DAC, but I think I'm going for a Music Streamer II. Though I've begun considering the II+ as well, but is it really worth the extra money? I mean, its about twice as much as the II. Also I've noticed that there's a 2012 edition of the MSII, but I can't seem to find any info on what's new/improved from the 2011 edition anywhere?

May 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Bumping this thread again
tongue_smile.gif
 Still haven't bought any new DAC, but I think I'm going for a Music Streamer II. Though I've begun considering the II+ as well, but is it really worth the extra money? I mean, its about twice as much as the II. Also I've noticed that there's a 2012 edition of the MSII, but I can't seem to find any info on what's new/improved from the 2011 edition anywhere?

I have the Q701's and I am using the Audio-GD NFB-10SE.

Awesome AMP/DAC combo. Couldnt be happier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back