Which DAC + AMP to buy?
Dec 17, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #46 of 67
Yes, I have had two headphones burned up this last year. One by Topping and one by Schiit. The difference was that Schiit refunded me my money and offered to replace my headphones. Topping instead was a nightmare to deal with and lied to me.
That is pretty generous of schiit. I like that.

Dec 18, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #48 of 67
Currently looking for a bedroom Headphone amp and a DAC .

I have no issue with chifi oder made in china stuff.

But I would like to have something that is not made in china.

But everything I'm looking at has either be imported from the US. Or has no balanced headphone out (rebel amp) , measures "bad" , ifi (UK).

I have a singxer SA 1 that I really like. But for a second setup I would just like to have something else . Topping seems to have a high failure rate..

And I feel like SMSL , loxjie, Sabaj are just copies of each other.

There is of course gustard and soncoz but they don't seem to be better than the Singxer.

Burson audio is expensive and I would love to own one but I did read a bunch of reviews where the amp destroyed headphones.

Importing a schiit jotenheim 2 would be a option but after shipping and import fees I would end up paying more than I feel like the unit is worth.

Dec 18, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #52 of 67
Hey never seen this before, but here's a balanced DAC/Amp combo made in your backyard:

Violectric DHA V226

Nice. I knew that brand already but didn't know that they have something "affordable". Most of their stuff is very expensive.

I will keep that one in mind.

"Edit".. that company is located pretty close to me. 30-40km.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #54 of 67
You could probably watch it being built from your window...I was surprised to see that one actually especially being a combo

Well a topping A90+D90SE combo would be more expensive.

And around the same ballpark as burson.

Obviously I could just get another Singxer SA-1 + a Soncoz LA-QXD1 if i decide to get something cheaper.

Dec 18, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #58 of 67
Currently looking for a bedroom Headphone amp and a DAC .

I have no issue with chifi oder made in china stuff.

But I would like to have something that is not made in china.

But everything I'm looking at has either be imported from the US. Or has no balanced headphone out (rebel amp) , measures "bad" , ifi (UK).

I have a singxer SA 1 that I really like. But for a second setup I would just like to have something else . Topping seems to have a high failure rate..

And I feel like SMSL , loxjie, Sabaj are just copies of each other.

There is of course gustard and soncoz but they don't seem to be better than the Singxer.

Burson audio is expensive and I would love to own one but I did read a bunch of reviews where the amp destroyed headphones.

Importing a schiit jotenheim 2 would be a option but after shipping and import fees I would end up paying more than I feel like the unit is worth.
FLUX could be your answer.

Dec 18, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #59 of 67
FLUX could be your answer.
They look interesting Indeed. Pure class A?

Found this:
About us: Flux Lab Acoustics is a Ukrainian company.
No chance for approval of the device in germany with a metal housing + 220v without grounding. That is forbidden.

No double isolation of the chassis either.

The volume knob seems to cause a clicking and popping sound every time you adjust the volume

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back