Which Cables For My Grado SR 225
Feb 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do it your self you could get just about anything you could ever want for under $150

I agree, buy the parts yourself, but if you've never done a recable job or something similar before you should take it into your local audio shop and have them do it.

Also, it really is not worth recabling an SR225 at all with anything more than a Zynsonix cable, spending any more than $150 on a recable for it would be a complete and total waste of money, and $150 or less is still debateable whether it'd be worth it.

I would never, ever bother recabling my headphones unless I had a rig that cost over $2000 before the price of headphones, and at the least $400 headphones. Before that price point chances are you will hear zero difference, and even after that unless you've got great ears it'll take very careful comparison with a stock version of the can to hear any difference.

In short, cables should be last in your upgrade lineup.

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 7
headphone cable should be personalized to your own tastes most people who do it only use black nylon or black w/e and it just looks not unique
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headphone cable should be personalized to your own tastes most people who do it only use black nylon or black w/e and it just looks not unique
smily_headphones1.gif

The reason most people use nylon is because it's non-microphonic unlike standard PET, which can sometimes sound like you're brushing your thumb against a comb next to your ear when the cable rubs against anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back