Which automatic Turntable for general listening and digitising ?
Jan 30, 2021 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JWAR1976

Head-Fier
Hi all,

Whikst searching through some old boxes I came across some Vinyls that i purchased in the 80’s & 90’s and thought that it would be great to listen to not only hear them again, but also to digitise them to MP3 via either USB or for a cleaner record RCA via my Behringer mixer. Now unfortunately I do have a neurological condition which causes hand tremors from time to time and so with that in mind, I am thinking that a automatic system would be better. I have a budget of around £300 but am stuck on what to go for that will do the job nicely, obviously the more money I have left over for new vinyls would be an added bonus. So any suggestions would be appreciate.

Also I know that Sony make a High Res Turntable, are they the only manufacturer to have this feature ?

Many thanks

Jan 30, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 2
I can't remember but I think a lot of turntables nowadays have some form of digital out. I would recommend looking for one and recording to flac (or wav and then flac) rather than MP3.

A good analog recording would be fine and I made many needle drops decades ago (to casette tape!) via a Roland which is probably similar to your Behringer (and mine) but given the possibility of a turntable with digital out I'd choose that unless you have a lot of patience and a really good analog recording setup. You will need to set levels for every album and babysit the whole process. It can become rather tedious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back