which are the best in ear headphones? are they the jaybird x2... anything better
Jan 10, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #16 of 27
Streaming services often deliver lossy audio at bit rates that are sufficiently high, so the most limiting factors would be the headphones themselves and the quality of the mastering of the song.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #17 of 27
Streaming services often deliver lossy audio at bit rates that are sufficiently high, so the most limiting factors would be the headphones themselves and the quality of the mastering of the song.

So where do you think I could get some advice about headphones preferently wireless, really yesterday I was jogging with the iPhone plus and it's to big

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #21 of 27
the iPhone?

Yes, but you said that the iPhone 6+ is too big. You're still going to need your iPhone, even with wireless headphones.

I have a similar issue with my Nexus 6, but I've found that it fits well into the pocket on my cycling jersey (which I wear even mountain biking). It's not ideal, but it works until I get a bigger seat bag.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #23 of 27
I thought i would try the Jaybird X2, and the Beat 2 wireless in ear.Even my 75 year old ears,could not stand the shrill, and sibilant top end or the X2. EQ ing to the back and beyond did not help,so returned. Beats had a greater slam, but again, not for me,so i do not think i will try any more bluetooth models. I will stick to my W40, or 846 for portability.

May 10, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #25 of 27
Funny you say no bass, my x2's have almost as much sub bass as my beats solo 2. And my FLC 8S with the red sub bass filters... It's all about the fit. I've never found an IEM with no bass it's all about fit, most people are just too ignorant or impatient to figure that out. My etymotic research er4s can have no bass whah so ever or very realistic accurate bass (set aside its sub bass deficiency) with the right tips.

I have tried every pair of Bluetooth in ear headphones and nothing produces better audio quality than the bluebuds x and x2's and the new beats if you can find the right fit with them.

May 11, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #26 of 27
hmmm, could be but the issues with the bluetooth=¡? turns off frequentrly? that's why i ve been asking everyone in the fórum to indicate me some other options, i've already gave it to my Little brother but today i'll give it a chance and report again tomorrow!

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #27 of 27
i got my X2's a while ago & didnt really pay them much attention cos of the frequent sync/cutout issues when paired with my LG Flex2. as with most ppl, i put the fault with the X2s until it hit me to delete the profile with the LG & try it out with my Lumia 640 spare phone. suddenly all BT/sync/cutoff issues are gonzo & the X2s work perfectly.

i cant speak for others but to my ears with proper fit (this is THE most important), my X2's have very good bass. not thunderous subbass but tight & impactful even for rap & dance. headstage is good-v good & imaging is more than adequate. mids are smooth & upfront while the highs are fairly detailed. sure its lacking extension on the extremes but overall, its definitely worth its price (i paid cad105 = usd75 or so) & will compete with (if not best) wired sets in its price range. if there's any critique (isnt there always), its that the highs are slightly harsh(er) but its not a deal breaker for me. my X2's are the most "audiophile" of any BT cans i've ever heard (& ive heard more than a few as for me, BT the only way to go & have basically given up on inconvenient wires).

battery life is close to advertised (7-8hrs) & it's not the easiest fit but once i got the correct tips & got the hang of slightly twisting it in, i'm a happy camper. the X2's are amongst the best BT headphones i've had the pleasure of owning & using. if theres no bass, its generally a fit & seal issue. i'm sure anyone who's ever used iems are aware of this so this isnt a X2 only issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back