which are the best in ear headphones? are they the jaybird x2... anything better
Jan 7, 2016 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

wakkaday

100+ Head-Fier
is there anything better at a cheaper cost? i don't mind if it has a bit more bass... but want a decentish battery life, something in-ear ideally and light

thanks

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 27
If Bluetooth is a must, I have no idea what the competition has to offer, but if it isn't, there are many other options that are just as affordable, probably more comfortable, better isolating and better sounding.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 27

i was looking for something like jaybird x2's but it's a shame they are selling those things, NO BASS at all, compared with the iphone's stock earphone and will never reach the sound quality, now i'm looking for some real headphone because earbuds are a waste of time i think, and the end cheap (200usd) costs me more tan buying a nice headphone for 500 or more

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 27
i was looking for something like jaybird x2's but it's a shame they are selling those things, NO BASS at all, compared with the iphone's stock earphone and will never reach the sound quality, now i'm looking for some real headphone because earbuds are a waste of time i think, and the end cheap (200usd) costs me more tan buying a nice headphone for 500 or more

Earbuds are probably a waste of time, but in-ear monitors (henceforth IEMs) are well worth considering. For that price certainly consider entry-level custom IEMs. If the ear impressions are made correctly you'll get a perfectly fitting, comfortable, durable, extremely well isolating and well sounding product. If you want less isolation (as a musician to hear other instruments or if you use them mainly in traffic), you can have channels made to the outside.

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 27
I like the form factor of in ear headphones

What would you suggest
Bluetooth or otherwise

In my opinion Bluetooth IEMs (In Ear Monitors) are only practical if they stay in your ear well. That means try before you buy (or get a good return policy). Even then, I'm not sure whether the pros of Bluetooth IEMs (little to no cable noise, no tangling) outweigh the cons (often bulky IEMs, limited sound quality, limited battery life).

I think that if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, you shouldn't look at Bluetooth IEMs.

Now what is it you want: Great fit and comfort? Then go for small and light in-ears (like the HiFiMan RE-400). Durability? Go for the best cables (V-Moda or RHA) or removable cables (Under $200: Shure and.. others.. there are lists somewhere on Head-fi). A certain sound signature? Look for that before looking at the other aspects. Great isolation? Get foam tips and housings designed to isolate sound (like Shure)
All of the above? Get Custom IEMs. Depending on your preferred sound signature it might get quite pricey though.

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #9 of 27
the thing is that i was looking for wireless headphones, still with many doubts about which one to buy, because the main use is going to be at the gym and jogging, i looker at the IEM's but they have wires, look practical but with wires, i have the iPhone plus and having it al the time in my pocket is annoying because is really big

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 27
Ah great which ones would have a goodish bass . I'm looking for that list

Look here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761433/the-best-iems-for-bass-are-the-iem-bass-club
  the thing is that i was looking for wireless headphones, still with many doubts about which one to buy, because the main use is going to be at the gym and jogging, i looker at the IEM's but they have wires, look practical but with wires, i have the iPhone plus and having it al the time in my pocket is annoying because is really big

For the gym you could buy a Sansa Clip+ and clip it to your t-shirt. it supports micro SD and with some formatting up to 128GB.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #14 of 27
And what about those wireless headphones, like Sony mdr-xb950bt or the sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless?

I am not sure because I haven't had the chance to hear those myself.
Till now I have only heard praise about the Momentums and I know the wired versions are good (but too bassy for me. I like more headphones with a neutral sound signature).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back