Which are some of the heaviest headphones ever forged in the pits of hell?
Oct 7, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #16 of 21
The Abyss AB-1266 is a heavy boy at 1.5lb. It wouldn't bother me so much if the weight was evenly distributed, but they aren't really meant to clamp, so basically all the weight is on the very top of your head.

Aug 24, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #17 of 21
I stumbled upon this place in the diabolical deep, so I figured I'd share something. My modded M1060Cs.

4o8bu44lzq6b1.jpg

This one is modded (like ZMF inspired 3D printed earcups, Fazor+earpad mounting disc etc.) so, I could bring the weight down some time, but I wouldn't want it to change how it sounds cuz sonically, this is just where it should be. Anyhow, this is how it fares up at the moment:

You know it HAS to be a custom-made thing, to break any kind of record - no matter the type of record in question, right?

vm4kiptrm7n91.jpg

826 grams. 1.82lbs.

I know it's nothing to be proud of, and it does limit the amount of time I can spend with these on my head - but it's just something I wanted to bring to the gym - I mean, the table. Or gym? You decide.

Aug 24, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #19 of 21
I stumbled upon this place in the diabolical deep, so I figured I'd share something. My modded M1060Cs.

4o8bu44lzq6b1.jpg

This one is modded (like ZMF inspired 3D printed earcups, Fazor+earpad mounting disc etc.) so, I could bring the weight down some time, but I wouldn't want it to change how it sounds cuz sonically, this is just where it should be. Anyhow, this is how it fares up at the moment:

You know it HAS to be a custom-made thing, to break any kind of record - no matter the type of record in question, right?

vm4kiptrm7n91.jpg

826 grams. 1.82lbs.

I know it's nothing to be proud of, and it does limit the amount of time I can spend with these on my head - but it's just something I wanted to bring to the gym - I mean, the table. Or gym? You decide.
You could definitely use those as weights at the gym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back