Which are better, V-MODA M-100 or Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 headphones?
May 15, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #16 of 22
"The price was the only thing that held me off. Maybe in 1 or 2 years I will purchase them" Same thing with me, they say that oppo is almost in league of 1000usd headphones (i think that was said on innerfidelity review) meze is also quite well reviewed everywhere, better then ath msr7 (also said by innerfidelity ) but like i said dont have that much right now...

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #18 of 22
I was also after MSR7 checking most of comparisons and reviews. The only thing that was putting me off was the slight lack of good deeper bass. Some users complained that is not enough or even said it's missing. The headphones with the right signature for me, that means a slight emphasis on bass while keeping it all precise and not affecting mids are the Denons. I have the HP800 and they fulfilled all my expectations that means quality bass, clear mids and precise not harsh treble. It was exactly what I was looking for plus it cost half of MSR7 price. I also wrote an detailed review where I compared these with some of other headphones I have.

V-MODAs are looking fantastic but the sound is not accurate almost like artificial according more user reviews I found. Unfortunately havent had chance to try them.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #19 of 22
The MSR-7 have fantastic bass. It has either gotten more punchy or I'm come more sensitive. But I think it's a bit of both.

I use TTPOD T1E as my outdoor earphones, and the bass of them are just a bit more pronounced. But they both have similar sound signature, with TTPOD having a slightly more V-shaped sound.

The best I can describe the MSR-7 : On song intro's you can enjoy the great balanced mids and highs with a touch of lows, but when the actual bass for the song kicks in, you can clearly hear the difference, and it gives an exciting feeling.

Opposed to more bass boosted headphones, the bass is everywhere, at all times, makes the music sound like a big bowl of soup, and when you get sick of the bass, there is nothing you can do to escape it, the taste of bass is already in the bowl.

But these are more like a plate of well prepared food, nothing is over-seasoned, and when it all comes together, it's an experience you can always enjoy, it never gets overly intrusive, because everything is just the way it's supposed to be.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #20 of 22
I hope I get chance to try them and maybe compare them myself. That would resolve the question about bass as I know its always down to the individual preference. Still I think they are a lot better than M50X and also there are not many other quality headphones like these. I am definitely going to keep an eye on them :)

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #21 of 22
I hope I get chance to try them and maybe compare them myself. That would resolve the question about bass as I know its always down to the individual preference. Still I think they are a lot better than M50X and also there are not many other quality headphones like these. I am definitely going to keep an eye on them :)

At this price range it's hard to find any better. I can't say for sure though, as I haven't listened to any other one's​ that compete with these.

I was a bit afraid myself about people saying that these lack bass, but now I couldn't be happier. And it speaks for itself. I was tired of m50's quite fast, the bass was fun, but it got head pain inducing after longer sessions, and the highs and mids were muddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back