Which Amps Have Bass Control?
Sep 12, 2007 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

cyanbomb

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been getting more and more frustrated with the lack of a bass control on my Xenos 1HA-EPC. I mean, it's a fantastic amp, and I do love it, but it's really lean on the bass with some IEMs/cans.

Besides the fabled LaRocco Diablo (which I'd never risk sinking my money into), which other amps sound great, and can give me that bass boost I'm craving?
basshead.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I've been getting more and more frustrated with the lack of a bass control on my Xenos 1HA-EPC. I mean, it's a fantastic amp, and I do love it, but it's really lean on the bass with some IEMs/cans.

Besides the fabled LaRocco Diablo (which I'd never risk sinking my money into), which other amps sound great, and can give me that bass boost I'm craving?
basshead.gif

The Xin SuperMacro has a bass boost. Be prepared to wait moths for it, however.

Sep 12, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 31
Hmmm thanks guys... I'd love to order the Xin, but I've heard about the infamous waiting times. lol... wonder why all the premade amps with bass adjustment have insane waiting times? :p

I'd give DIY-ing a try, but my knowledge of soldering is zip... I can build lego... if that's any indicator of my skill level. lol

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm thanks guys... I'd love to order the Xin, but I've heard about the infamous waiting times. lol... wonder why all the premade amps with bass adjustment have insane waiting times? :p

I'd give DIY-ing a try, but my knowledge of soldering is zip... I can build lego... if that's any indicator of my skill level. lol

I meant you could get MisterX to build one for you. He builds awesome PPAv2's and M3's. Just send him a message.

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 31
The iBasso T1 and T2 have bass boost and crossfeed, but the crossfeed is terrible. The bass boost did quite well with my ER4p, who are notoriously bass shy.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 31
M^3 variable bass boost is quite nice. The SuperMacro's bass boost is okay, but the inability to fine tune makes it kind of useless to me. I haven't really found a pair of cans that benefited from it at all... it was always too much. That isn't really a detractor though - the SuperMacro's bass is almost always spot-on without the boost.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 31
x2 on the M^3.. very subtle boost but just right(!)t. I haven't heard a PPAv2 but the bass boost functions similary. So, x2 on DIY amps
biggrin.gif
and it seems MisterX is the man.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #11 of 31
The Lisa III has a very nice bass contour. Very clean, not over whelming.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #12 of 31
Any opinions on the Bass Boost on the following?
C&C Box+
Minibox-E
Practical Devices XM4

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruZZ.il /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on the M^3.. very subtle boost but just right(!)t. I haven't heard a PPAv2 but the bass boost functions similary. So, x2 on DIY amps
biggrin.gif
and it seems MisterX is the man.

when you guys are referring to M^3, is this the mini^3 amp or the rockhopper m^3? I'm slightly confused.

Does the MisterX XP amp have bass control also? Does MisterX have a website or guide for building these amps somewhere? Having trouble finding it... MisterX and his amp names ends up with a lot of search results.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #15 of 31
it is not the mini and not REALLY the rockhopper M^3. The rockhopper is just the brand name, and MisterX will build a much better one with better parts than rockhopper did. He does not have a site. Like I said you should PM him, as that's the first step you should take. I don't know how to stress that even more. The M^3 is VERY good for an amp, and the variable bass boost is one of the best I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back