WHICH AMP?????
Nov 9, 2004 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ferrari993000

New Head-Fier
Just a question, i want to know, Which amp do you absolutely love best. If you had to sell every sinlge one of your amps which would you keep?????

just for fun guys
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrari993000
Just a question, i want to know, Which amp do you absolutely love best. If you had to sell every sinlge one of your amps which would you keep?????

just for fun guys
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

seeing as I only have two, I GUESS I could let go of the SR-71 and just use my ipod on the go with the KSC-35. That would cause the least amount of pain, leaving me with Pinkie at home pulling heavy-duty.

but man, you HAVE to have one portable amp, one home amp, minimum IMHO!

Nov 9, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 13
For once, an easy decision. I'd miss my Gilmore V2, but I'd definately be keeping the Audio Valve RKV Mk II.

I own/have owned: 3AAA Total Airhead (ugh, yuck, ick), Headroom Little (ugh), Gilmore V2 (nice), Perreaux SXH-1 (ick), Gilmore V2-se (nice), and now the RKV (wonderful). The V2-se is the only one in the RKV's price class, however.

Edit: Fixed spelling of "Valve"

Nov 9, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
but man, you HAVE to have one portable amp, one home amp, minimum IMHO!

I hope it's the one I just ordered from Todd for use with my 595s - the SR-71. Finally I've ordered it after much research on this site. It's my first portable amp and I can't wait for it to arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #10 of 13
the balanced SDS still hasn't arrived yet so I guess that'll have to be left out of the choices.
wink.gif

I think I'll have to pick the balanced gilmore reference since although the Blue Hawaii is a great amp, it only drives one headphone that I have (the Omega II) and I won't be able to enjoy all the other cans then.

Nov 9, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #12 of 13
Sold every thing but the Singlepower SDS. I have the balanced version coming along with a tube amp for my Baby-O's this month also. Doubt I will sell any of them though.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 9, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #13 of 13
I'm a loudspeaker guy but I guess if I had to have only one headamp it would be my Blockhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back