Which Amp/DAC?
Nov 13, 2009 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

coriolis

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for an amp that I will be using around the house, from the computer upstairs(where play and fun things happen) to when I work on my notebook downstairs(where agony and pain occurs) in the basement. I already have a HeadSix for my portable uses commuting to work/school and using it there, but since it uses a 9V battery, I started to look for something that I can use around the house that can be plugged in.

So pretty much, a DAC with portable capabilities. Nothing too fancy or powerful, they'll be used with a pair of DT770 and SRH840, and I listen mainly to classic rock. Budget, well, I'd prefer not to spend over $150 and I don't mind used. But hey, I told myself that when I was looking for closed cans(like the HD555) but I ended up with a pair of DT770's AND SRH840's.
regular_smile .gif

So far, I've narrowed it down to the IBasso D2+ Boa, which seems attainable at around $130-$140 used. Anything else I should hunt for? I'm in no real rush
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 6
I've heard great things about the Hifiman EF2. It's 209$ but some people say they would pay 350$ for it.

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 6
I just bought a dac amp actually for 195. Check the link in my sig for a full review.

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the replies, been looking into those. Pretty much looking for a USB DAC thats portable, if it could go 20-30 hours on battery as well(say my headsix ran out of 9V batteries and I needed to take it on the go).

I found a D2 Boa for $130 locally, so I think I'll go with that, and take my leave on Head-Fi. I mean, everytime I come here, I end up spending at least $300-$400
frown.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 6
LOL smart man. Sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back