Which $400 IEM to buy for Metal and Electronic (Poll Inside)
Nov 15, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #16 of 19
I'm going to put my vote in for TF10, also the Ety is a great phone.  JH5 is $400, but don't forget to include your impression cost ($25-100) from what Ive read.  You might want to look into the TS842, it looks pretty interesting, if you can stretch the budget a bit..

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #17 of 19
Evilcalyptic,

You sorta ignored my questions.
Zeus from MaoDi?
It doesn't matter anyways since the fact you own that has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the OP's choices.

U sound like my GF lamo... why u need to yell like a women... chillout man.. haha

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #18 of 19
So I made it simple these are the options I have but haven't been able to find definitive reviews for most except the TripleFi 10, ER4P, and the GR07. I'm wondering which of these would be best and if it would be worth it to buy a custom or just get a universal until I can afford high-end $900-1200 customs.

I listen to Metal (aswell as other rock genres) and Electronica, the songs are bassy but I'm not a fan of resounding head shaking bass and subbass, just hearing it is good enough for me. I like treble sparkle but not piercing and mids shouldn't be recessed as I've come to notice during my critical listening sessions that they for me are the glue that holds the music together, and make it well "musical".

Thanks for any replies!

Dude i had this same doubt yesterday .... after reading sm good opinions i bought them last night.... and i just said screw! They are great man... im a musician dude! I have a Death/Doom metal band. And i listn to god damm metal since i freaking born... i was damm impressd by theas.. even i was so amazed on my own music..! The screemings and growlings were perfectly balenced while rest of the band plays in the background.. nothing over powerd or over emphazized... and it has a better instrumntl separation too ( not like westone 4) but its a better deal for what ur paying... but if ur willing to go for a custome, then go for a UE 11 pro... i use a one for on stage.. i rather say theas are almost their with the ue11.. no big deal man just my filthy opinions hear.. try them and see.. + order sm t-500 foams if ur buying it.. sm what the fit was a bit** for me.. :wink: Horns up mate!

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #19 of 19
I think you forgot to mention one minor detail; The IEM's that you bought :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back