Which 2020 PC soundcards will allow me to have headphones and SPDIF OUT at the same time please?
Mar 23, 2020 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

super kermit

Head-Fier
I am looking for a soundcard that the SPDIF output is always on regardless of what output device I select in windows.

So I can have headphones and SPDIF to an amplifier to drive some butt-kickers.

This is a copy and paste of Creatives help file:

To enable stereo mix using digital output Enabling stereo mix using digital output will direct audio output to the digital out connector. This allows you to hear Mic/Line and other audio sources from your external receiver or digital speakers that are connected to SPDIF Out or HDMI Out.

From a reddit thread (NOT ME)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlast...jx/audio_playing_out_of_spdif_and_headphones/

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 8
I am confused, because you say:"When I select my system to play sound out of the speakers (2/2.1) port, sound plays through BOTH the SPDIF and speakers (2/2.1) port.", so it seems you already have it. Just select it and you'll have the spdif always on. Turn off the equipment you are not using.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 8
Mar 27, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #7 of 8
I think it depends. For example I can play Tidal hifi over one DAC and Deezer hifi over another DAC at the same time. I think as long as one of your players can use ASIO or WASAPI drivers you can get away with it. If they all use Windows audio stack then what @nanaholic said about Windows not letting this happen comes into play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back