where's Xin ( portable amps ) ?
Jun 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so at the moment I'm tryin to get my hands on a used viper which seems to me the very best option for price as amp/dac ( soundwise speaking )

jamato8
should a Xin Reference come by , please notice me via pm or mail

I've read few but very good impressions about it it is something I'd like to try for comparo purpose - at least .

A Reference is up for IC in the for sale forum at the moment. Man I wish I hadn't gotten rid of mine.

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do. It is very nice and very forward thinking on the part of Xin.

Sorry John, maybe I got them confused. I mean, do you (or anyone else) use the 1/4'' source input? By input I mean the connection from your source to the amp not the jacks that you plug your headphones into.

Jun 23, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry John, maybe I got them confused. I mean, do you (or anyone else) use the 1/4'' source input? By input I mean the connection from your source to the amp not the jacks that you plug your headphones into.

No, I would have to make a special adapter for that and that wouldn't make sense to me. I don't like all the metal the signal has to travel through but since most full sized headphones use the 1/4 plug, on that side I prefer to use the 1/4.

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

I actually did when I had it

144239.jpg

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #21 of 27
Man, I ordered a SuperMicro from Xin last week because of all the great reviews. But I never read any of the "he's not around" threads before this week. I'm starting to get the feeling that I just threw away $200, never to see them again (or an amp for that matter).
mad.gif

Not cool...

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 27
If you used credit card you should be ok as he never charged until he shipped. If you used payPal try to mail him to cancel the order and if you dont receive a reply (which is most likely) file a claim with payPal whithin 30 days to get your money back that way.

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #23 of 27
Ditto, cancel the order if it was paypal. Your best bet if you really want a Xin amp is to pick up one on the for sale section; there's been a fair number of them listed as of late. You'll have to pay crazy money for one but at least you won't be waiting in queue 10-14 months like others.

Jun 24, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #24 of 27
Thanks for the tips guys.
I actually wrote him an email yesterday. I will wait a few days for a reply and if none comes, I will have to file a claim, as I payed with Paypal.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

What kind of setup did you have?

It was kt88 modded and recabled K340, a Sony D-EJ1000 and a kt88 mini-to-big matching cable. The Reference was a june 2007 22.000 pf prototype that I seriously regret selling now. It wasn't getting much playtime when I sold it last autumn and I expected that if I ever wanted one again I could just reorder the final production model. Alas time was to tell a different story.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was kt88 modded and recabled K340, a Sony D-EJ1000 and a kt88 mini-to-big matching cable. The Reference was a june 2007 22.000 pf prototype that I seriously regret selling now. It wasn't getting much playtime when I sold it last autumn and I expected that if I ever wanted one again I could just reorder the final production model. Alas time was to tell a different story.

As good as the 22,000uf is/was, the Panasonic 12,000uf, in my opinion, is much better with better spatial representation, bass impact and imaging. An excellent simple well executed design that I believe will hold up for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back