Where to repair Alessandro MS2i?
Aug 7, 2011 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rongster

New Head-Fier
I recently spilled some mountain dew through the wire mesh of my MS2is now one side sounds really clear and the one is bassy and warm,the difference in sound really gets on my nerves does anyone know where to repair MS2is in Singapore? Thanks.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 8
You can't repair them

If you had some kind of warranty with Asselallalelaslelldelldlo you might want to look that up. Other wise put them away fro modding and buy a new pair.

Second thought:

Watch these:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2060838/grado_lab_the_dark_art_project_episode_1_disassemble_part1/

To take your cups apart
Clean them out with a slightly damp sponge
The Grado driver is really touch sensitive so it's worth a little time to see what's inside before you throw them.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #4 of 8
Not unless it's under warranty.

They don't even fix them, they just throw the old ones out and send you new ones.

Do like I said, clean the inside because it doesn't sound like there actually is a problem but just something stuck against the driver. People go wild because a single hair is in the back of the driver, so there might just be residue back there.

Worst case:
un plug headphones
take bad side off of headband
take pad off
dip into warm water several times
attack with blow drier

You might have sugar inside on the driver itself so this would have to be done. If the driver isn't moving as playing music, there won't be any damage caused by you. Just make sure the water is forced out gently and they dry quickly

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #6 of 8
Or, you could contact Grado Labs to find out if they'll cover it under warranty or how much a reapair would cost.

Aug 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #7 of 8
Send them back to Gra-dew labs! Sorry I had to.

They'll fix any headphone they make regardless of warranty status. I called them about all my recabled SR-225's and they said for a fee they'd repair anything that breaks down and confirmed prices on each model. You'll be taken care of but the shipping is going to be rather expensive. I don't know if Grado ships internationally so you might need a friend to send them back to you?

I really hope everything works out for you man, shame for a nice set of cans to not be at their best

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #8 of 8
So even if the headphones are Alessandro, we still send back to Grado? Cool
What about modded Grado/Alessandro ones, let's say with cocobolo wood shells for my MS1, you reckon they'll fix them too?
I might email them and find out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back