where to order good electrostatic amplifier ???
Jun 29, 2008 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9
hi everyone
i have a chance to own the stax sr-omega from my best friend. Unfortunately, i don't have any electrostatic amplifier now.
Can anyone recommend me a good electrostatic amplifier for the phone? and where to order it? or a used one ?

I also try to contact Headamp but get no reply . I think they are so busy with current order T_T

Note: I can't sell the phone because it has an important meaning between me and my friend

thanks

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 9
i try to do more search and find out that the stax srm-t2 is one of the best match for the Omega. However, it is almost impossible to find the amp.
Right now , i see another stax srm-t1 for sale. Is the sound of srm-t1 as good as srm-t2

thanks

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 9
yes, the woo ges is also one of my option now. Do you think whether it is good to consider the upgrading option?

However, i read some reviews and know that the stock tube of GES isn't very good. Should i consider about different tubes?

thanks

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 9
the upgrades - better caps/resistors and DACT - are relatively new. not many people have them. better tubes is probably worthwhile though. before i got my KGSS (i just happen to come across one used, which doesn't happen that often), the Woo GES was the amp i was considering and probably would have purchased. have listened to it many times - a nice sounding amp.

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back