Jun 3, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #16 of 17
So.
I've got prices for the 4 different headphones

DT-770 Pro £129
DT-990 Pro £119
D2000        £203
D5000        £380

So quite a bit of price difference.

I am intrigued by the comments regarding the Denon's and am leaning towards getting the D2000, my main concern with it so far is the ear cushions, they look like they might be somewhat sweaty and nasty, anyone care to comment on that? I really love the velour ear cushions on my HD590 and HD600.

Also the 25 ohm impedance some of my amps might not like this very much.

The retailers I have gotten the prices above from all offer a money back guarantee of 7-30 days so if I decide I don't like the Denon headphone I can send it back I guess, I've never tried using such a policy so I don't know how much success to hope for.

I have phoned the few Hifi stores around in the 50 mile radius of where I live and none of them stock either Beyer or Denon headphones.

//Jan

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #17 of 17

Quote:
the DT990 is an open headphone,it can never reach the bass quantity of any of the denon line...even not close!    better..?  again,we are talking about two different beasts here so
it is a matter of taste.   we can't say that the DT990 bass is better if it can't reach the D5000 quantities.

Actually Taisho was quoting me, and I a/b tested between the D2000 and the DT990 w/ gel pads. The results? D2K was no where near the massive quantity of the DT990s. Also the Beyers had more impact, like a dropkick to the face. But the mids were vacuumed out, however the 600 ohm version is more balanced than the 250 ohm and with the gels on the 600 ohm just feel like I have a bassier pair of the 250 ohm variation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back