Where to get "trial set" of Shure olives?
Jan 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 15
yeah..ive never seen them outside of 5 pairs per pack

maybe you could try to email shure and ask if they would sell you something like that?

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 15
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Not even necessarily with the Shures, but almost none of these companies that sell tips (Etymotic, Shure, Comply, etc.) have a trial pack. It seems to me that it makes perfect sense, so it bothers me that they don't do it. As far as I can tell the mediums fit me well for Shure at least, but that's the question, without buying all 3 sets, how do I really know?

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 15
Jan 23, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are talking about the E2c olives, then you can find them for example here:
Shure Earphone and Monitor Accessories - Earphone Accessories (scroll down a little)
Shure * - QuietSpot Fit Kit (more tips but you have to order 2 of them to get a pair of each)
Amazon.com: QSIFK-1 Replacement Personal Fit Kit for QuietSpot Inline Headsets [QSHI3]: Electronics (same as the previous one)
Amazon.com: Shure EA506A Soft Flex Replacement Sleeves (Black) Variety Pack for Shure E2c, E2c-n, E2g, I2c and QuietSpot Headsets: Electronics

Actually, those are the Shure soft flex tips...not the "olives" (despite what their appearance might suggest). The term "olive" was attributed by someone on these forums to Shure's newer black foam sleeves. It's not an official designation, so it can be confusing, I know.

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't the tube on the triple.fi too thick for Shure tips?

It is, but there's ways to get it on.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, those are the Shure soft flex tips...not the "olives" (despite what their appearance might suggest). The term "olive" was attributed by someone on these forums to Shure's newer black foam sleeves. It's not an official designation, so it can be confusing, I know.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #12 of 15
Just buy those, who are similiar in size, to the silicon ones you are using right now.

If you use medium silicones, then buy medium Olives. Also, you can always ask Shure ...or people here to give you the diameter of different sized Olives and then compare it to the silicone tips.

Jan 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #13 of 15
Why not ask some folks here for a spare pair??? Pay for the shipping--about $3 or so in the US (don't know about other countries)--and I'm sure someone would give them to you.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not ask some folks here for a spare pair??? Pay for the shipping--about $3 or so in the US (don't know about other countries)--and I'm sure someone would give them to you.

Start up a little trading thread for earbud tips possibly?

Jan 24, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #15 of 15
since the OP was the first one to ask i'll offer it to him/her I have a set of small,medium and large that you can have; I dont llike the black foams I never used them on my SE530 unless I ran out of comply, I only ever used the medium and I bought an extra 5 pairs of medium when I ordered them. So I have an unused small, medium and large that you can have for the price of shipping and you can buy me a drink if i'm ever in....ummmmm..... wherever you are. besides i'm RMA ing the SE530 and getting IE8. I will have enough medium to cope if for some reason they sound better than my UM56 on the IE8. PM me with details and i'll give you my paypal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back