Where to get parts for a DIY swithcing box
May 7, 2008 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lock

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking to make a switching box. Can anybody posts some links for Case suppliers and suitable switch pots that will give good SQ an no bleed.

It will a very simple design. But if solonoid switches are cheaply available I may try something a little more sophisticated.

cheers guys.

May 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 3
See the sticky link above: The DIY Big List & Rules Section

Click on it and there is a big list of suppliers in there. I would suggest Digikey or Mouser and maybe Percy for the switch, etc.

Bleed-thru or crosstalk isn't so much a problem with the switch as it is a problem with wiring, shielding etc. You will also need to decide whether you want to switch the grounds or not.

Is this for standard audio signals?

May 7, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See the sticky link above: The DIY Big List & Rules Section

Click on it and there is a big list of suppliers in there. I would suggest Digikey or Mouser and maybe Percy for the switch, etc.

Bleed-thru or crosstalk isn't so much a problem with the switch as it is a problem with wiring, shielding etc. You will also need to decide whether you want to switch the grounds or not.

Is this for standard audio signals?

It is for standard audio, will be line level going to active speakers. Cheers for pointing me in the right direction. I guess I had my eyes closed a little as managed to miss that sticky!!

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back