Where to get mini-CDR's?
Dec 11, 2005 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, it's about that time now. I'm going to be doing something special for HeadFi members, and it invovles getting at least 50 mini-CDR's(the 8cm/3.5" kind) before Christmas. I won't say exactly what yet, but I know of at least two or three members here that know what I'm talking about. Anyhow, what's the best price I can get on a pack of 50 or 100? Any reply is greatly appreciated and will allow me to post my surprise thread about this whole thing on HeadFi much sooner. Consider it my holiday gift to a bunch of upstanding folks
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, any suggestions? I greatly appreciate any replies.
580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by armaniwearr
IIRC at wal-mart they had a 10 pack for a couple of bucks. 50 or 100 wouldn't be that expensive.

Walmart eh? I'll take a look. I've found packs of 50 online under $25 so far and I'll also be calling OfficeMax to see what they might have.

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 16
I'd check out places like office depot, office max, best buy whatever you have around you. I don't know how much cheaper you might find them if you checked out ebay, newegg, etc.

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9kRPM
I'd check out places like office depot, office max, best buy whatever you have around you. I don't know how much cheaper you might find them if you checked out ebay, newegg, etc.

I've got all those around, I'll check those too. Also, I've checked newegg and they didn't have anything I was looking for, unfortunately.

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Well, it's about that time now. I'm going to be doing something special for HeadFi members, and it invovles getting at least 50 mini-CDR's(the 8cm/3.5" kind) before Christmas. I won't say exactly what yet, but I know of at least two or three members here that know what I'm talking about. Anyhow, what's the best price I can get on a pack of 50 or 100? Any reply is greatly appreciated and will allow me to post my surprise thread about this whole thing on HeadFi much sooner. Consider it my holiday gift to a bunch of upstanding folks
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, any suggestions? I greatly appreciate any replies.
580smile.gif
Abe

eek.gif
you're going to make little throwing stars for all of us aren't you?
eggosmile.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
eek.gif
you're going to make little throwing stars for all of us aren't you?
eggosmile.gif

Uhhh, no, but good guess
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme
i want a little cdr throwing star!!!!
biggrin.gif

Watch Black Mask, Jet Li had those in that movie
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 14, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by MN Ham Phones
www.americal.com

www.mediasupply.com

One of those links had a 100-pack spindle for $55, not a bad price, but I may choose to keep my run under 50 to gauge the reaction of those that are up for what I'm going to suggest- and I'll be contacting a certain moderator on this, although I'm sure I'll get the go-ahead to do this, since I'm paying for everything, LOL
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 14, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #13 of 16
I picked up a 50 pack from www.jr.com a month or two back. It cost ~$20 for the spindle.

Dec 16, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
I picked up a 50 pack from www.jr.com a month or two back. It cost ~$20 for the spindle.

I'll check that link out as soon as I can, thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme
ooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!! the suspence is killing me
biggrin.gif

If you're an avid reader it might
wink.gif
...But I'm not going to spoil the surprise until I'm ready to make a whole thread on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
May want to try your local Compusa, not sure if they will have them in stock at your local store:
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...947&pfp=BROWSE

And I'll check on that too, although there might not be any CompUSA stores here in Salem, OR. Thanks for the link though!

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back