Where to get high quality music?
May 31, 2013 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Socrates138

New Head-Fier
I don't know where to post a thread about this, but I thought that this forum may be the most appropriate.

I now have an amp and two good headphones and they sound great, but the problem is most of the music I listen to is done through YouTube. And as I'm sure you're all aware, the sound quality of the music on YouTube isn't the greatest. 

I've noticed that listening to CD's makes the sound quality a million times better.

My question is, where can I get music to have high quality (high quality music files)? Also before anyone recommends it, no I'm not downloading anything illegally.

I don't download music illegally and I'm not going to start downloading music illegally. Anything illegal is off-limits to me, don't waste your time trying to convince me to, I'm not doing it.

The problem is that I'd rather not spend $1 dollar per song from Itunes or buy CD's. Is there any type of thing (that is legal) where you can pay some monthly subscription and it allows you to buy (or perhaps just listen to through streaming) unlimited amounts of songs or a large amount of songs? Keep in mind that the program doesn't necessarily have to actually allow you to download the music, if it just allows you to stream the music that's fine I don't care because I really only ever listen to music on my computer anyways.

Since I'm not doing anything illegal, I know I'm going to pay money and I have the money to pay for music, but I think paying $1 dollar for 1 song is not a cost efficient way of listening to a lot of music. Nor is buying CD's the most cost efficient because with most albums I only like a few songs on them rather than all of the songs you pay for. So like I said, is there any type of deal where you can pay a monthly subscription and it allows you to either download or just listen to via streaming to a lot of music?

Also keep in mind, I want high quality sound files, I don't want to pay a monthly fee to listen to sound quality that is the same as sound quality of YouTube videos.

May 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't know of anything with one month subscriptions, but HD tracks is a place you can look at. Most people that listen to higher quality recordings use/rip vinyl/CD's/SACD or audio DVD's or buy through something like HD tracks

May 31, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I don't know of anything with one month subscriptions, but HD tracks is a place you can look at. Most people that listen to higher quality recordings use/rip vinyl/CD's/SACD or audio DVD's or buy through something like HD tracks

I remember a long time ago (probably 5+ years ago) one of my friend's told me that Microsoft had some music thing for Zune where you would pay a monthly subscription and it allowed you to listen to (or DL I forgot) unlimited amounts of music.

What about something like that?

May 31, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Spotify premium will be better than YouTube at 320kbps and gives you access to over 15 million tracks.

Spotify looks like something I'm looking for.

So Spotify Premium allows you to listen to music at 320kbps as opposed to YouTube which is only 128kbps? Is the sound quality difference really that much better?

Also what's the difference between Unlimited and Premium?

May 31, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
I remember a long time ago (probably 5+ years ago) one of my friend's told me that Microsoft had some music thing for Zune where you would pay a monthly subscription and it allowed you to listen to (or DL I forgot) unlimited amounts of music.

What about something like that?

That was called Zune Pass. Now in its newest form it is called Xbox Music. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/music
I have never used it myself, so I don't know how it compares to Spotify or any of the other streaming services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back