where to get grado pads in canada?
Dec 19, 2002 at 6:07 PM Post #31 of 33
The senn pads sound best when you cut a hole so that the whole driver is showing.

Biggie.

edit: I never got any tape mods to sound to my likeing. Hirsh suggested contact cement for the bowl pads.

Dec 19, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by dfarina
I would be curious how the bowl tape mod pads compare to the flat pads???For those of you not familiar with the tape mod,just wrap some cloth(hockey) tape around the outside of the pad,the wider the tape,the more of an affect it has.I ended up using a 15 mm strip.

I've tried this approach. Haven't tried it recently but seems to me I recall that it solved some problems but created others. And I think the black hockey tape made the bowls even more stiff. But I will give it another shot and get back with my findings.

Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
The senn pads sound best when you cut a hole so that the whole driver is showing.

Biggie.

I'll try that...what have I got to lose?

Dec 19, 2002 at 11:28 PM Post #33 of 33
I agree with beagles assessment and that was an excellent description; however I like that sound. When I cut holes in the senns or used the flats it seemed to hard and bright. I went back to using them unmodded.They are a lot more comfortable this way to. I do find with my gilmore amp, that this amp replaces the lost dynamics and I listen no louder than usual. I have never heard my rs2s sound better. Intrestingly, I find this phone/pad/ amp combo to sound similar to the hp-1 I had. I saw Notorious_ BIG express his concern about his gilmore having a hardness in another post. I suggested he try the senns unmodded. I think the best pad is going to depend on the specific combo. I dont like the senns unmodded with the older grados; I hate bowl pads period, the flats sound the best but are uncomfortable. I like the unmodded senns best with the new grados and my current source and amp. You just have to see what works best for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back