Where to get AT in the US or how to Import ?
Jun 26, 2006 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mr.Shadow

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I am a non US citizen as you know, though right now I am in Ohio.
I'm considering of buying the AT W5000, but I dont know if they are present in the US, are they ?
If not, how does Importing goods (cans) to the US works ?
How customs and tax works in that case, in theory and in practice (like where my package can be stopped and who do I pay and where in case I need to ?)

Sorry for all the questions, I just know its different from country (Israel) to country (US).

Thanks guys
580smile.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 7
you can order the W5000 from the Headfi sponsor, Audiocubes
http://www.audiocubes.com/category/H...eadphones.html

I recently purchased from them, so I can tell you firsthand that ordering is easy and there's no need to worry about customs, etc as far as I can tell. I simply ordered online and the package arrived a few days later. There were customs/shipping forms on the package, but I didn't have to do a thing. Audiocubes doesn't charge extra for any duties/customs, you just pay for the item + shipping (which is reasonable and quick).

hope that helps

Jun 26, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Really ?
That sounds too good to be true
icon10.gif

You see, from where I come from, customs are a reall headache, a pain in the *****, you know.
Just want to make sure you know
rolleyes.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 7
I am speaking strictly of my purchase that was sent to California, but I assume it has to be true of anywhere in the US. So if you are in Ohio, it really should not be a problem at all.

good luck

Jun 26, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks, I hope It will turn up O.K
evil_smiley.gif

Unless some other Head-Fi member wants to get rid of his W5000 and sell it to me
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 7
The last couple packages I recieved from Audiocubes were marked with a declared customs value of $30 and marked as a gift. That is under the limit for duties and taxes in Canada and if I recall correctly the USA. This is why their shipping is so cheap and easy. If any of you stil have customs paperwork from a package from Audiocubes you will probably notice that the declared value is low, and in the case of expensive items, much lower than what you are paying, and also marked as a gift instead of a commercial item.

I am not judging them on this, I am just explaining how and why they manage to have cheap shipping on expensive items with little or no import hassles. This has been my experience with them.

Jun 26, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 7
That sounds good to me...
After all I understand them...
A seller that can avoid the customer from paying extra on taxes and stuff plus get rid of all the hassle that these things can cause, has a better deal to offer
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back