Where to get a decent new turntable reasonably priced.
Nov 4, 2010 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pHEnomIC

100+ Head-Fier
I want to get a turntable and I am tired of looking for a good deal on a used one.  What is a good one to buy new that is reasonably priced?

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 10
What is your budget?  And have you been looking at Audiogon?  There are quite a few excellent decks listed.

I'd recommend buying a used one.  You'll save a heap of money.

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 10
It depends on your definition of "reasonably priced" but there are good quality entry-level turntables available from Rega, Pro-Ject, Music Hall, Thorens and more.   Your best bet would be to find a great local audio retailer for a purchase like this.  That way you can get help with the tonearm and cartridge set-up (which should not cost extra).  If there is no high-end dealer nearby, you can find these tables online at NeedleDoctor, MusicDirect, AcousticSounds, and AudioAdvisor.  Have fun!

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #4 of 10
Once you start with vinyl is there anything really "reasonably priced"?  lol
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 10
I was going to reply that a vinyl addiction was no more expensive than other formats, but then I remembered that my turntable did cost more than double my cd player, triple my dvd player, 4X my squeezebox......um....ok.  "Unreasonable?"

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #6 of 10
I want to spend 150-200 the less the better of course.

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 10
Nov 5, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I want to get a turntable and I am tired of looking for a good deal on a used one.  What is a good one to buy new that is reasonably priced?

go to audio advisor web site and depending on your budget you can pick up a rega turntable with the super rega arms and a decent cartruidge. If they are prced out of your budget there are project and music hall  in the lower end. If you shoot me a pM with your budget I could recommend some really nice turntables and cartridges . AA installs everything for you and no setup to be required.

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #10 of 10
With the Rega RP1 on it's way maybe you can see if you can find a new Rega P1 from you local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back