Where To Find Goodlooking / Special CD-Racks??
Nov 26, 2007 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Contrastique

Headphoneus Supremus
I have surfed the net for multiple times now and almost everything I find is not really what I'm looking for. I would like to have something practical but also special. It will be for a growing amount of cds and also dvds. Not all cds have the same thickness so the rack should be adjustable in height.
Maybe some of you know some nice places I can check out on the net.

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 17
Hi contrastique, I bought one of these. ATLANTIC 42335235 Gallery Noir Series, 297 CD, 9 Shelf Media Rack, Black & Silver Finish It has adjustable glass shelves do I can have both dvds and cds on it and is 5'-8" tall.
cool.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 17
There was a company in Taiwan making this motorized cd storage and retrieval system, just big enough to look at home next to a headphone stand. I think they're still being made, but you can't get them anywhere reputable. All I find are dead links - companies that still have sites but who are long gone, and of course, ebay. I remember Audiocubes used to sell it as well.

I'd love to have an easy way to shuffle through a few hundred cds without lugging out the huge Slappa suitcase. cd storage that holds tons of cds, looks good next to an end table, and can be bought anywhere in the world is an idea whose time has come.

Some of us prefer decent redbook players rather than the whole transport-dac-pc-amp chain setup.

Nov 27, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #4 of 17
I like Jahn's CD rack - the one he has that are wall-mounted. I want to get some.
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi contrastique, I bought one of these. ATLANTIC 42335235 Gallery Noir Series, 297 CD, 9 Shelf Media Rack, Black & Silver Finish It has adjustable glass shelves do I can have both dvds and cds on it and is 5'-8" tall.
cool.gif

Wow, thanx! I think that looks real slik to me! Would they ship to Holland? Probably..Real sweet!

Thanx everyone else so far. I'll do a search on Jahns racks, hope I can find them..

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanx everyone else so far. I'll do a search on Jahns racks, hope I can find them..

Good luck on searching anything Jahn wrote
tongue.gif

My suggestion is to look through the NYC meet reviews at his house in the meet impressions area.

Sorry I don't have any CD rack recommendations since I don't use CDs.

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck on searching anything Jahn wrote
tongue.gif

My suggestion is to look through the NYC meet reviews at his house in the meet impressions area.

Sorry I don't have any CD rack recommendations since I don't use CDs.

Did he have multiple meets at his house? I found one but the pics are not visible to me...Thanx for your help anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 17
Eh that sucks. Those pics went bye bye since they were on head-fi's photo storage thing. I will send you a link via PM to my site.

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, thanx! I think that looks real slik to me! Would they ship to Holland? Probably..Real sweet!

The rack surely is in the Curse you head-fi thread. You might want to search there.

Edit: since all the links do not work any more I would send him a PM.

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #10 of 17
I'm not sure he is even here. He was supposed to have a new offsping soon which is probably going to consume his time. Let me text message him LOL.

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 17
I ended up building my own out of mdf. i had literally the size of a jewel case of space behind my door (when opened) so i built a rack to fit, flush to the wall...

shelf.JPG

i made it with 10 shelves, and it's about 30cm wide. Should hold about 300 CDs if my calculations are right. I'll get around to painting it one of these days :p

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 17
I like Jahn's rack but imo

I would put all the cd's and dvd's in a cardboard box and then I would rip everything to a harddrive and be done with it. Organizing and tagging is easy, if there is any emergency it is much easier to salvage your stuff, protect your collection from everyday wear and tear, and all you music is alot more accessible.

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #14 of 17
Yeah, maybe making one myself is an option but I'm sooooo lazy haha!
Did find another nice one which I saw last time I was in France. The price was real good but I doubted so long I finally didn't take it with me and I regret this a lot. Only problem is you need a lot of free wall and I don't really have a lot of that anymore..

bookwormbuecherregalg01yg8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back