where to buy the META42?
May 8, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 23
a few embers here make them to suit your needs - namely - tangent , JMT , eric343, voodoochile , joe cool , tigger, and a lot more that i could not remember due to my memory loss.

try to private message these guys and talk to them about it.

May 8, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 23
note: THIS is why we need an FAQ.

screwdriver gave a pretty good list there (KurtW also made/makes amps), dont be afraid to send any of those folks PMs. I have a JMT META42 and love it.

May 9, 2003 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
(KurtW also made/makes amps)

He is just finishing mine, and maaan am I excited! Incidentally, Kurt has been extremely helpful and knowledgable as well as a pleasure to deal with, so I highly recommend him.

Antness, nice Yorke avatar there.

May 9, 2003 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 23
PM JMT too he makes DIY Amps too.

May 9, 2003 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 23
Any of the builders mentioned would be great to build a meta. JMT built me a CHA47 (a different design) and I still use it - nice guy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Building a meta is a nice project if you have some tools and a bit of patience. I built myself a nice meta with crossfeed. A most satisfying project.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2003 at 1:28 PM Post #11 of 23
You can also contact Paul at www.2baudio.com. He is known mostly for his refirbished Fisher 400's (400-X), but I have talked to him about building me a Bottlehead phono stage. He is interested in just about anything audio, and knows his stuff. He also can be quite busy, but my experience with him has been all good.

May 10, 2003 at 1:17 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by screwdriver
a few embers here make them to suit your needs - namely - tangent ,...

try to private message these guys and talk to them about it.

Got one from Tangent a couple months ago!
biggrin.gif

Very Nice, see my sig for pics & details.

Snow

May 10, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #13 of 23
I would definately recommend Voodoochile, awesome guy to deal with, and he builds quickly. Word of advice, get an internaly AC powered one, instead of having an external power supply like a cordless phone, he'll know what I mean.

May 28, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Www
Are any of these people in the UK ?

No... but I have dealt with JMT three times, and each time everything went perfectly, so don't let the distance hold you back
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back