where to buy stax SR-001MK2
Jun 27, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by yejun
i heard that this earphone sounds much better than er-4.
anyone has it?

I have both the ER4 and the baby Stax. Where did you hear that the Stax sound "much better?"
To my ears, they certainly don't.
k1000smile.gif

Jun 28, 2003 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Why not go with the SRM005 instead of the 001? The 005 is improved over the 001 version.

Also, go to EIFL's web site and email Koji for a price.

www.eifl.co.jp/index/export/export2.htm

Doug,

Isn't the 005 the "Home" version of the SR-001MK2? How do they compare, sound-wise? Does the 005 still exhibit the high-end roll-off that plagues the 001s?

Jun 28, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 13
I find it hard to believe that any headphone can go deeper than the ER-4S.

etysmile.gif

Jun 28, 2003 at 4:09 AM Post #9 of 13
I'm with joelongwood on this one. The baby Stax is nice, but even with the Stax 007t amp, Phillips 963SA, and VD Nite PCs & interconnects, it still doesn't match the overall performance that ER-4S gives me a META42 and a portable CD player. No disrespect to the Stax unit, which I quite like - it's just that I find the Ety's to be an extraordinary little peice of audiophile art. YMMV.

Jun 28, 2003 at 6:39 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
I find it hard to believe that any headphone can go deeper than the ER-4S.

etysmile.gif

Here's what Kevin Gilmore says about the 005s that I reco:

Quote:

Candidate 4 stax sr-005 (same as sr-001 with a different plug)
Now these are very unique headphones. They are totally unlike any of the others. First they are an in the ear thing. They weigh
nothing. Depending on your head, they are either very comfortable, or very painful, i can only wear them for about 2 hours. The diaphram is very small on these things, less than 1 inch in diameter. Because its a similar material to that used on the omega2's, the moving mass is the smallest of probably any other headphone in the world. One word really describes these things, and that is FAST. When listening to the SACD Doug Macleod which was recorded direct to dsd, the snap of the guitar on these headphones absolutely blows away everything
else including the omega2's. Bass response is overwhelming. The soundstage, well i have yet to figure out a way to describe it. One other thing, these play REAL loud. If you want to put on Blows agains the empire and blast yourself into oblivion, these will do an amazing job. I have not heard the little battery amp, but a sr-001 combo and a really good portable cd player, and you have the ultimate jogging setup.

Jun 28, 2003 at 8:22 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Here's what Kevin Gilmore says about the 005s that I reco:

Hmmm... He says the bass response is overwhelming, but how low does it extend?

Jun 28, 2003 at 5:31 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
Hmmm... He says the bass response is overwhelming, but how low does it extend?

PM or email him. He is a really nice guy and will send back a reply within a couple of days. He answered my Stax questions, albeit briefly, within 2 days.

Jun 28, 2003 at 8:31 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by yejun
someone in a chinese forum said the stax goes much deeper in bass.

Well, if he meant "punchy" bass, then he would be correct. But for depth of bass, the ER4 wins handily. At least it does for me.
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back