Where to buy quality cables, UK?
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

quane

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any online shop or any kind of retailer that sells any quality cables (mogami, canare e.t.c.) in UK? Just so i don't have to ship from America.

Mar 16, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 17
Yeah mate, i feel your pain. No Mogami anywhere in the UK!

Tut tut. Want to set up a shop? :p

xx

Mar 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 17
Hmm, I found mogami
biggrin.gif

Canford Online - Products

Thanks for the link
smily_headphones1.gif

What other good/cheap cables are there?

+ Looks like this shop don't sell Tech Flex, where can you get it in UK? Much, much prefered local shops (e.g. Homebase, Maplin) or something of that sort. Shops that are everywhere
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 17
Added the proper link. I can't decide between which plug to take although I still got lots of time and there's really no difference between them except for size, material used and looks. Might as well take couple F-12's and 1 NP3X-B for later, haven't decided what cable to get just yet.

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #7 of 17
They don't do TechFlex but they do do "Expandable Sleeving", type it in.

xx

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 17
Thanks Mayzei, That's good.
Tech Flex is basically cable sleeving with fancy name.

What size Tech Flex or Cable Sleeving should I get for this cable? 30-610 CANARE L-4E5C CABLE Black

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 17
Look for Van Den Hul, if you're in the UK. You can buy some of their cables off the roll to make your own, far cheaper than buying a assembled pair, if that suits you.

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #10 of 17
From their website

Quote:

Microphone cables

The FLEXIMIC, per meter without connectors € 16.50

The MIC HYBRID, per meter without connectors € 17.00

The MIC Highflex HYBRID, per meter without connectors € 17.00

D - 403, per meter without connectors € 20.50

The BIG MIC, per meter without connectors € 165.00

That's not cheaper, at all, not paying nearly £10 for a meter
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #11 of 17
I would recommend AGAINST using the canare F12; its the most PITA connector available IMO small solder tabs, way too big for many setups, useless strain relief. get switchcraft or neutrik for mini IMO. the neutrik you mention for the other end is fine though.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #12 of 17
Ok, won't get F12's then
smily_headphones1.gif

Switchraft or Neutrik? Hmmmm... Hard decision
biggrin.gif

If you can, give me best models for minis from either Neutrik or Switchcraft as they don't sell Furutech.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by quane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, won't get F12's then
smily_headphones1.gif

Switchraft or Neutrik? Hmmmm... Hard decision
biggrin.gif

If you can, give me best models for minis from either Neutrik or Switchcraft as they don't sell Furutech.

the switchcraft is the one I would go for. its 35HDBAU furutech dont make a mini unfortunately only 1/4" IMO the XLO mini is the best, but hard to come by and not nessecarily for someione new to the cable game. go switchcraft. sorry but I cant remember the neutrik model number at the moment, but a google on neutrik + 3.5mm + stereo + gold tip shopuld net you the right one. they only have one AFAIK that is with those specs

also the neutrik wont fit te canare or mogami (IMO go mogami) without drilling out the barrel opening. the switchcraft will though

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #14 of 17
I don't actually really care about sound quality, I'm only recabling so it looks nice and I want to make a quality cable so it doesn't rip apart after 2 weeks. Quite stupid, I know
biggrin.gif

I'll check for Switchcraft, if they're aren't 2x dearer, I'll get some.

Edit: 4.64 for one? :O LOL That's 2x as expensive as Canare, I'll check Neutriks.
Edit 2: Won't be getting Mogami, 2x as expensive and I belive it isn't worth it, not atleast for such cheap phones and actual setup.

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by quane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll check for Switchcraft, if they're aren't 2x dearer, I'll get some.

Even if they're 4 times more expensive, I'd recommend them; they're just the best 3,5mm plugs EVAR.
They can destroy a tank with their sheer force, even Chuck Norris isn't strong enough to break one and they're sexier than Scarlett Johansson in a bikini.

Edit: The last part is perhaps a little over the top, but you get the idea... I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back