where to buy koss ksc35?
Aug 13, 2002 at 2:03 AM Post #18 of 29
I just got my (2nd) pair off of ebay, $23.49 shipped from one of the two people selling new KSC-35's on ebay currently. Can't hardly beat the price right now, they are definitely getting scarce.

-Keith

Aug 13, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #21 of 29
hey Taoster

i just checked ebay. there's a bunch of the 35's being sold by the same person....if you use the buy it now option (25bux), s/he sends 'em with free shipping...dont know about international tho, but you might wanna check it out.

"hello, my name is inigo montoya. you have killed my father. prepare to die."

Aug 13, 2002 at 8:05 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
dont suppose anyone would want to sell me a pair to australia?

Well, from what I've heard (depending on the size/weight of the package) shipping to Australia costs $20-25 or so. I am shipping some stuff to Martioz in Australia later this week, I don't know what shipping is like within Australia, but if you want to make arrangements to get the headphones from Martioz (I think he is in North Coburg, Victoria ?? Melbourne ?? - sorry, don't know my Australian geography) I could send my newest (unopened) pair of KSC-35's with Martioz's stuff. Let me know if you work something out ASAP, so I can include the headphones if you make an arrangement with Martioz.

-Keith

Aug 14, 2002 at 4:08 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

Yes, quite a few, in fact. I put the KSC-35 sound clearly above that of the PortaPro. The bass on the PortaPro is a bit boomier and emphasized compared to the KSC-35. IMO, out of the entire KSC/Porta/Sporta line, the KSC-35 has the best tonal balance.

Thanks MacDEF
smily_headphones1.gif
. This is EXACTLY my feeling too, although I love the Portas - you chose EXACTLY the key words - tonal balance because of the bass being a little boomy... if the highs are also better with the KSC-35, it's really the deal of the century...

Aug 14, 2002 at 4:15 PM Post #26 of 29
i been thinking. maybe the ksc35 has better balance in ideal condition but these phones are usually used as portable rigs, while commuting(my guess).. wouldnt the extra emphasis and bass of the portas be better for noisier environments.

Aug 15, 2002 at 5:15 AM Post #27 of 29
JUST GOT MY 35's AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!!

really great....everything i expected them to be. Martin is truly a nice guy to deal with. I really love my 35's. The fit is absolutely fantastic compared to the koss 50's.

About the portas for noisy environments: i tried using my koss 35's in the car when we were going like 80 miles down the I-5 highway...man is the I-5 bumpy. Because of the constant bumpy road, the car was very loud inside. I couldnt hear ANY bass when i was listening to the 35's in the car. I dont have the portas, so i dont know how they would have faired.

At least im back in BC now. We may have high taxes but at least our highways are smoother.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 15, 2002 at 5:49 PM Post #29 of 29
Good news ! Martin (mrtibbs@att.net) has the 35's back in stock for now... 100 pairs which he believes is the last he'll be getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back