where to buy koss ksc35?
post-168019
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 29

taoster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Posts
1,868
Likes
10
Looks like the ksc35 is running out FAST! other than the new stock on ebay where else might i be able to obtain one?

ps: should i just settle for a sporta pro!
 
     Share This Post       
post-168026
Post #2 of 29

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
19
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Posts
1,719
Likes
19
I am getting mine from martin, as i stated in another thread.

his email is : mrtibbs@att.net

im not sure if he has stock or not, you should email him and ask.
 
     Share This Post       
post-168027
Post #3 of 29

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Joined
Jun 25, 2001
Messages
6,636
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 25, 2001
Posts
6,636
Likes
10
you know, I have the same question. I just noticed: headroom doesn't have them anymore! And mrtibbs has been out for a week or so. . .

when ebay runs out, I don't know what I'll do! I have 2 pairs now. . . but what about my children in 20 years? GAH!
 
     Share This Post       
post-168030
Post #4 of 29

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
19
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Posts
1,719
Likes
19
doh! its because we have been promoting the 35's too much...lol.


EVERYONE NEW PLZ LISTEN TO ME: THE KOSS 35's ARE HORRIBLE DONT BUY THEM!

lol...im selfish sorry..
 
     Share This Post       
post-168032
Post #5 of 29

taoster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Posts
1,868
Likes
10


and i am yet to try them.. getting them shipped to australia is expensive and worse, its running out. im just going to have to settle for the sportapro..
 
     Share This Post       
post-168232
Post #6 of 29

ArChaos

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 14, 2002
Messages
667
Reaction score
123
Joined
Jun 14, 2002
Posts
667
Likes
123
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster


and i am yet to try them.. getting them shipped to australia is expensive and worse, its running out. im just going to have to settle for the sportapro..


Don't settle for the SportaPro!!! Take the PORTAPRO - THEY ARE WELL WORTH the difference in price. I have them both and find the Portas much better in sound quality - better defined highs, less boomy lows, better sound altogether.
 
     Share This Post       
post-168261
Post #7 of 29

tr4ck

New Head-Fier
Joined
May 3, 2002
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Joined
May 3, 2002
Posts
15
Likes
0
hey jlo mein, how much are the ksc35's gonna cost to get em to bc?
 
     Share This Post       
post-168265
Post #8 of 29

ahdy2000

New Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Posts
7
Likes
0
if you can't get your hands on the 35's, you might wanna try the 55's ....i think they're just as good and they don't slip off, etc....i personally prefer the ear clip vs. headband....that's why i'm trying to get the 35's....
 
     Share This Post       
post-168309
Post #9 of 29

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
12
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Posts
6,761
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally posted by ahdy2000
if you can't get your hands on the 35's, you might wanna try the 55's ....i think they're just as good and they don't slip off, etc....


There are two problems with the KSC-55. The first is that they just don't sound as good as the 35. The second is that they're the most uncomfortable headphones on the planet
 
     Share This Post       
post-168313
Post #10 of 29

Gus B

Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
73
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Posts
73
Likes
10
I agree with Archaos--Portapros are great. I have the 35s also & they sit in a drawer collecting dust--no one in the family likes them as much as the portapros. Primarily, they are a pain to put on for a number of people. In addition, Koss recently had a 1/2 price sale on portapros, making them cheaper than the 35s-- I purchased 3 to keep the others in the fam away from my pair. I know I'm in the minority here, but I still maintain that the 35s were designed for average sized ears, and many who are not average have to work too hard to get the 35s on comfortably. I, for one, will not lament the demise of the 35s.
 
     Share This Post       
post-168339
Post #11 of 29

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Joined
Jun 25, 2001
Messages
6,636
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 25, 2001
Posts
6,636
Likes
10
How portable are portapros? I mean, I love 35s because they are just so small. . .
 
     Share This Post       
post-168409
Post #12 of 29

Gus B

Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
73
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Posts
73
Likes
10
They are very portable, although, of course, not as small as the 35s. The ear pieces fold up & the head band slides to make them as portable as can be for cans that fit over the head.
 
     Share This Post       
post-168607
Post #13 of 29

ArChaos

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 14, 2002
Messages
667
Reaction score
123
Joined
Jun 14, 2002
Posts
667
Likes
123
Quote:

Originally posted by Gus B
I agree with Archaos--Portapros are great. I have the 35s also & they sit in a drawer collecting dust--no one in the family likes them as much as the portapros. Primarily, they are a pain to put on for a number of people. In addition, Koss recently had a 1/2 price sale on portapros, making them cheaper than the 35s-- I purchased 3 to keep the others in the fam away from my pair. I know I'm in the minority here, but I still maintain that the 35s were designed for average sized ears, and many who are not average have to work too hard to get the 35s on comfortably. I, for one, will not lament the demise of the 35s.



Hi Gus and Everybody
I was going to buy the KSC-35, although I have the PortaPros, only because I thought/understood from people here that they have a *BETTER* sound than the Portas ...Unfortunately I have no possibility to hear them myself so I have to make my mind based on other's oppinions - people's oppinions here, which I trust (I know personal taste is also involved and take this into consideration). I understand that you personally like the portas better - from AB comparission. Are there any Head-Fiers who HAVE or SERIOUSLY LISTENED to them BOTH would like to give their oppinions too? The issue is BETTER SOUND ONLY, not price. Thanks


Quote:

They are very portable, although, of course, not as small as the 35s. The ear pieces fold up & the head band slides to make them as portable as can be for cans that fit over the head.


edit: to andrejpw - 100% agree to Gusb's quote above.
 
     Share This Post       
post-168620
Post #14 of 29

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
12
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Posts
6,761
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally posted by ArChaos
I was going to buy the KSC-35, although I have the PortaPros, only because I thought/understood from people here that they have a *BETTER* sound than the Portas ...Unfortunately I have no possibility to hear them myself so I have to make my mind based on other's oppinions - people's oppinions here, which I trust (I know personal taste is also involved and take this into consideration). I understand that you personally like the portas better - from AB comparission. Are there any Head-Fiers who HAVE or SERIOUSLY LISTENED to them BOTH would like to give their oppinions too? The issue is BETTER SOUND ONLY, not price. Thanks


Yes, quite a few, in fact. I put the KSC-35 sound clearly above that of the PortaPro. The bass on the PortaPro is a bit boomier and emphasized compared to the KSC-35. IMO, out of the entire KSC/Porta/Sporta line, the KSC-35 has the best tonal balance.
 
     Share This Post       
post-168623
Post #15 of 29

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Joined
Jun 25, 2001
Messages
6,636
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 25, 2001
Posts
6,636
Likes
10
damn. We really need a source for ksc-35s.
 
     Share This Post       
Top