Where to buy home appliances in SYDNEY?
Nov 10, 2008 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MrSlacker

Headphoneus Supremus
I need help from Sydney Head-Fiers. Where do you guys shop for home appliances? My parents are visiting my grandparents in Sydney and want to buy them a few things, but they cannot find any stores with good selection. Can you please recommend good stores with big selections?

Thanks

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 11
Heres a few stores, I have no Idea if they're good, but they all should have a decent selection.

Harvey Norman, Retrovision, Bing Lee, the good guys

Hope that helps
smily_headphones1.gif

*edit* Oh yea I forgot the good guys

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 11
we need a store with good selection of vacuums and food processors..

i'll tell them about those stores, THANKS!

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 11
Look out for sales. If you're heading into the shops during a model changeover, you'll be able to get some serious discounts.

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 11
do u know what suburb or city they will be visiting?

if you can give us a little bit more info, we can advise you better
smily_headphones1.gif

otherwise, in terms of home appliances, Myer, David Jones, Good Guys, Kmart, Bing Lee are all decent
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 11
They are in Waterloo, near the Redfern metro stop... so anything in center of the city is fine.

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 11
Peters of Kensington is a great place for you to shop for homewares. It doesn't have vacuum though. For that I usually go to Godfreys.

You can google them both and find them easily on the sites. But if you are into buying frying pans etc for a good price, Peter of Kensington is definetely worth checking out. It's not too far from city, you can take bus to there or taxi.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #10 of 11
i second Peter's of Kensington : Peter's of Kensington | Home

quality goods (ie none of the cheap generic stuff) and very decent prices (some of the best in sydney) mean it should be the first stop for your parents. They also stock higher end crockery etc as well which should please your grandparents.

been there loads of times with my mum etc. definitely recommended and is close(relatively) to waterloo

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #11 of 11
But mind you if you wanna go to Peter of Kensington, please not during the weekend on lunch hour. the queue at the register can be 2 layer deep and very long.

Best to go early and finish early before the rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back