WHERE TO BUY high end in-ears In PITTSBURGH??????WHERE!?
Jun 30, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #16 of 19
I'm working in Denver now.  Writing software, so being able to tune out the outside world and listen to my music is an important part of getting things done for me.  In my collection, my favorite is the Noble Kaiser 10.  Hands down, far and away my favorite.  It's on 20% sale tomorrow, too.  I just ordered the SE846s today, so I haven't yet had a chance to listen to them. But I love my 535s, and they got me through school (well, actually, the E500s did, but they're essentially the same thing), so I am cool with ordering them unheard.

For under $1000, including the price of impressions, I'd probably point you in the direction of the 1964ears V6, V6-stage, or V8, depending on your personal sound preferences.  Then, I'd get a nice DAC / amp, for an even $1000 for the lot.  But that's just me.  That advice might change after I hear the SE846!  I'd also consider something from Noble, just for their absolutely beautiful designs and amazing craftsmanship.  If I was looking for universal, I'd probably go with the N6 (which is right at your budget point), and if I was going for custom I'd go with a Wizard-designed 4C or 5C.

Again, though, it really depends on your sonic preferences.  But any of those are well-reviewed, and I'm sure you can find something that'll make you happy for $1000.  Just beware; they won't be your last. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm working in Denver now.  Writing software, so being able to tune out the outside world and listen to my music is an important part of getting things done for me.  In my collection, my favorite is the Noble Kaiser 10.  Hands down, far and away my favorite.  It's on 20% sale tomorrow, too.  I just ordered the SE846s today, so I haven't yet had a chance to listen to them. But I love my 535s, and they got me through school (well, actually, the E500s did, but they're essentially the same thing), so I am cool with ordering them unheard.

For under $1000, including the price of impressions, I'd probably point you in the direction of the 1964ears V6, V6-stage, or V8, depending on your personal sound preferences.  Then, I'd get a nice DAC / amp, for an even $1000 for the lot.  But that's just me.  That advice might change after I hear the SE846!  I'd also consider something from Noble, just for their absolutely beautiful designs and amazing craftsmanship.  If I was looking for universal, I'd probably go with the N6 (which is right at your budget point), and if I was going for custom I'd go with a Wizard-designed 4C or 5C.

Again, though, it really depends on your sonic preferences.  But any of those are well-reviewed, and I'm sure you can find something that'll make you happy for $1000.  Just beware; they won't be your last. :D
Hahaha i know they wont be my last :D. You know what, imm gonna w8 you hear the se846 and make my decision, well only if it is ok for you. Btw i saw you bought the se846 under 800usd? Can you give me a site or smthing? Thx a loooooot!

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #19 of 19
Hahaha i know they wont be my last
biggrin.gif
. You know what, imm gonna w8 you hear the se846 and make my decision, well only if it is ok for you. Btw i saw you bought the se846 under 800usd? Can you give me a site or smthing? Thx a loooooot!

You can check fleabay or google around, you'll find a good a deal if you search.  I got mine for under $800 as well, and it was money well spent.  I think you would like the Shure SE846 because it is a great progression in audio coming from the SE530 (I own as well) the E500, or SE535(LTD).  If you don't take my word for it, read up on this highly updated thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/675219/shure-se846-impressions-thread.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back