Where to buy Grado RS-1 in Los Angeles?
May 9, 2008 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Sinsen

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I am revisiting the topic of Grados in Los Angeles.

I have seen it mentioned in other threads, but I have found no confirmation of stores in LA that actually have a decent range of Grados.

Can anyone recommend a store that stocks the RS-1's?

Thank You!

May 9, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 19
I live in PV, about 30min drive to downtown LA, I don't know any shop that sells higher end phones, can you tell me any place I could demo some good headphones? Sry for not able to answer your question and asked a question
redface.gif

May 9, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by exe163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in PV, about 30min drive to downtown LA, I don't know any shop that sells higher end phones, can you tell me any place I could demo some good headphones? Sry for not able to answer your question and asked a question
redface.gif

Hehe, I live in Norway, and I CAN tell you a place to buy high end Grado's, but a pair of RS-1, in Norway, will put you back $1400(!).

But I will let you know if I find a good deal while visiting California
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 19
I found this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/so-...ealers-219009/

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with any of these places. You could probably get TTVJ or HeadRoom to ship to a hotel, as well. That would have the benefit of saving on sales tax, as well.

Edit: sorry, that link is bad, but I can't get the right URL. If you Google "los angeles grado dealer" you should pull up a 2007 thread where all the local Grado dealers are listed. The OP got the list by e-mailing Grado Labs.

May 9, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 19
Heh, wrong link I think, but you're probably thiking of the same "headphones in LA"-thread that I read earlier.

The problem is that I would like to confirm a stock or RS-1's before I arrive... but, anyways... does ttvj ship to hotels? Many stores that I have checked need a standard residential address.

Edit: And, we will be staying in LA for max 5 days (driving around socal for the rest of our vacation), so it is a bit of a gamble, if there should be any difficulty in deliveries.

More edit after Uncle Eriks edit: Thanks, I think I found the same nice list of possible retailers, but none of those listed RS-1 as part of their stock (or they did not have a website that I found imediatly on google).

May 15, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 19
... I got a mail from a San Diego dealer, telling me that the "normal" price is $695. I guess this is an open invitation to ask for a discount.

Any opinions on what I should offer?

May 15, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 19
I got my SR-325i at Sound Factor, Santa Monica last year. I payed the normal price, but they threw in a Grado 1/4 mini adapter.

Anyways, here is the list I got from info@gradolabs.com when I asked them about headphone dealers in LA.

EDIT: Removed link to list. Please ask for a new one, as it is probably way outdated.

And I have no idea what you should ask for a price, sorry. Have fun with your new phones
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was Sound Company... but I guess 10% seems right, it's about the same rebate as headphone.com gives.

Do you know if Stereo Unlimited have the RS-1s in stock?

Most of the time they do.

May 15, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #11 of 19
I talked to GNP in Pasadena yesterday. They stock Grado headphones, but only as far up in the product line as the 225, so no joy there.

Is there any parking around the Sound Factor Santa Monica store? Parking near their Pasadena store is impossible.

So far as I know, no one in Orange County carries any Grado products.

May 15, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, I live in Norway, and I CAN tell you a place to buy high end Grado's, but a pair of RS-1, in Norway, will put you back $1400(!).

He's not joking, folks. And GS-1000 is $2500.

May 15, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by torjeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my SR-325i at Sound Factor, Santa Monica last year. I payed the normal price, but they threw in a Grado 1/4 mini adapter.

Anyways, here is the list I got from info@gradolabs.com when I asked them about headphone dealers in LA.

http://www.student.uit.no/~tos103/2004CADealerList.pdf

And I have no idea what you should ask for a price, sorry. Have fun with your new phones
smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
takk.

Nice list, now I have a couple of places to kill some hours while the wife sleeps at the hotel
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back