Where to buy Grado Headphones in Oklahoma City or New York City
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

supahdende

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, this is my first post, wanna ask where can I buy Grado Headphones in New York City and Oklahoma City. If possible can you give me the address of the shop or the website? thanks!
L3000.gif

I can't wait to be an audiophile!

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 8
Grados are MADE in NYC.......Brooklyn actually.

Im having a brain-freeze while trying to remember a brick and morter store for you to shop at in NYC......maybe J&R Music World, or Sound By Singer.
Also welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet!

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by supahdende /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, this is my first post, wanna ask where can I buy Grado Headphones in New York City and Oklahoma City. If possible can you give me the address of the shop or the website? thanks!
L3000.gif

I can't wait to be an audiophile!

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.

I think that there is/was a list of Grado resellers online but I don't know if one still/ever exists/existed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados are MADE in NYC.......Brooklyn actually.

Except the iGrados

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the fast reply! Can you tell me where is it around New York City? I'm just asking a favor from an uncle to buy headphones when he goes there because Grados here in my country cost an arm an a leg, and I don't prefer buying online. If there is one in Oklahoma City much better as he will be staying there until the end of the month. Thanks!
k701smile.gif

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 8
NYC Stores
J&R Music and Computer World @ Park Row
NYC Store

Visit us at Park Row, between Beekman and Ann Streets, one block south of City Hall and two blocks north of Fulton Street, in Downtown New York.

Store Location
23 Park Row
New York, NY 10038
(across from City Hall Park)
Phone: 1-212-238-9000
Fax: 1-212-238-9191

Store Hours
Monday - Saturday: 9:00AM - 7:30PM EST
Sunday: 10:30AM - 6:30PM EST

Special Parking Offer
Get 2 free hours of parking at Ann Street Parking (located on Ann Street between Nassau and William Streets) when you spend $100 or more! Please have your parking receipt validated by our store prior to picking up your car.

Subway Directions

* Take the number 2 or 3 train to the Park Place or Fulton Street station
* A or C train to the Broadway-Nassau Street station
* J or M train to Fulton Street
* R or W train to City Hall
* 4, 5, or 6 train to the Brooklyn Bridge station or Fulton Street station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supahdende /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the fast reply! Can you tell me where is it around New York City? I'm just asking a favor from an uncle to buy headphones when he goes there because Grados here in my country cost an arm an a leg, and I don't prefer buying online. If there is one in Oklahoma City much better as he will be staying there until the end of the month. Thanks!
k701smile.gif

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 8
One advantage of buying Grados from an internet seller like HeadRoom is that they give discounts on some models of Grados and there's no sales tax, which can be quite hefty if purchasing one of the higher end models like the RS1.

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 8
Virgin Megastore sells them as well right in Times Square. i met someone that bought his there. but yeah the warehouse is in Brooklyn where they are made. and J&R has daym near everything its like four floors of pure electronics.

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #8 of 8
NYC:

Stereo Exchange. broadway and bleecker? broadway and houston? or maybe between. just barely into NoHo. Last I was in there the grados they have were same as amazon prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back